[Android] Stuck at Notes screen when losing internet connection mid note writing, lose changes when restarting app

Issue: Stuck at Notes screen when losing internet connection mid note writing, lose changes when restarting app

Details to reproduce: Have internet connection, use app, look at a recent transaction, enter notes screen, (at some point here I lost internet connection, on a train going underground), type some notes, tapping either android back button or the back arrow on the far top left results in nothing happening. You are stuck. The only workaround is to swipe the app away to close it in the running apps draw and start it again. Your notes were not saved :frowning:

Device: Pixel XL 32GB White
App Version: App just updated, so the one before the latest that updated today (today is 14-Aug)

Screenshots:

3 Likes

I can’t quite decide if this is a bug or not, because in one way at least it stops the change from being lost. Seems to back out fine when the connection comes back.

Maybe a dialogue stating “no internet connection, changes will be lost” would be better?

1 Like

I’d rather it just cache it and update it next time you open the app with a connection. It’s fustrating to type it all out if it’s a long note and then loose it all or have to copy it somewhere else as a temp measure.

6 Likes

Yes, exactly… I use other apps like Toshl, remember the milk, Evernote, Facebook, Instagram, etc… and they all can cache what you do offline and sync back when internet is available again. So one can expect this from modern apps these days right?

The bug is the lack of user control when this happens, there is no way out apart from killing the app entirely

A happy resolution would be to cache my note and sync up later :slight_smile:

I dont think telling the user in a pop up message, that the long note they have spent typing out, will now be binned! Especially just because there is no internet connection. I would deter from that solution entirely :confused:

2 Likes