Starling Feedback

Monzo…MonzO not MonzA

Mea maxima culpa for the finger spellcheck combo.

2 Likes

Monzonauts! I love it, can we make it an official term (is it one already?)

1 Like

It already is :raised_hands:

1 Like

Any prerequisites or entry requiremnents? Want to make sure I qualify :sunglasses:

1 Like

Own a Monzo account.

1 Like

Hurray! I qualify. Good stuff. :grinning:

4 Likes

Have been a Monzonaut for over a year.
Currently trying Starling Bank, too. Does that make me a Starlingist?

4 Likes

Maybe just a Starling? :smile:

1 Like

There are many places that do not take card (sounds impossible - but its true), a lot of places charge you for using a card, and sometimes it is simply more convenient to take out cash i.e. on a night out or paying a friend since Monzo is a pre-paid card and you’d like to have your transactions recorded

Just ventured into the Starling community with a view to giving it a try but I think I will give them a miss and wait for N26 to eventually come to the UK (my German friends said that they’re pretty good) - whenever that may be

One of the topics I was reading about Monzo ended up pretty much out of control (i.e. personal attacks/threats being dished out) that the Starling team had to close…I don’t think I want to be a part of a community that has a feeling of the Wild West…at least here at Monzo we can all have a laugh and everyone is really nice :smiley:. Great job from @alexs :metal: for keeping cool against one of the members within that topic

TL;DR: I might give Starling a miss and wait for N26 to come out then compare :monzo: v Revolut v N26

5 Likes

I saw those threads as well, to be fair to them there’s only one problematic member that always makes it go awry, so don’t blame their entire community for the acts of one particular idiot. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s Starling’s issue to sort out :stuck_out_tongue: and you are right there @anon23935806

I did check out the other topics and it’s a bit sparse compared to Revolut to be honest, however least the community does reply on Starling whereas on Revolut, it does seems 1 person hired by Revolut is replying to the majority of queries (either he is high up there or has been dealt a short straw) [big massive apologies if I am sounding rather rude, really don’t mean to be]

I have to give credit to the Starling moderators for being so patient - despite all those disaster threads the person in question is still not banned… with me he would’ve been gone the day after. :sweat_smile:

The Revolut forums looked like a war zone last time I checked - nothing but sadness, despair and complaints. :joy:

2 Likes

I know what you mean, like you I am surprised that said person has not been banned but that’s not our battle :joy:, I found it funny that said person is a Monzo investor

Oh god I know, I went on today and was like :joy:

Well I guess that’s his way of crushing the competition and trying to maximize returns on his investment. :joy:

@Borussia I like both Monzo and Starling but I will say the same as @anon23935806 that the Starling board isn’t normally a war zone there was one ex crowd investor from here causing issue who should have been banned. I think they did a good job moderating. I personally haven’t touched Revoult due to reading through their forums and feedback. I leave judgement on N26 as don’t know much about them. I also have to add this is a great community and can’t wait to see how Monzo go.

5 Likes

He was banned for a year unless they removed it?

Thanks for the update @walderston didn’t know that.

1 Like

Yep still blocked :no_entry:

4 Likes