Starling Feedback

fair point! I have now edited my post from Just to Mainly :grin:

It seems like Starlingā€™s main advantages that gives it the edge is the API and the launch of current accounts. This is the only reason I use it over Monzo. Starling to me doesnā€™t feel as casual as Monzo it feels too professional like a traditional bank.

1 Like

Starling seems to have an issue processing refunds - I am due a refund from someone (as a credit transaction - the original debit transaction is still valid) and itā€™s still not showing up after a day. After checking my transaction feed I realised my test transactions (via Stripe) I refunded immediately were not processed either and still show up as a debit in my feed. Iā€™ve opened a ticket with them but letā€™s just say it doesnā€™t inspire much confidence.

Looks like Apple Pay is about to be announced at Starling Bank. Quietly getting on with bringing their customers that current account with an ever-growing feature list.

The anti-Starling chatter is beginning to sound a bit hollowā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t see much anti-Starling chatter here, most of the issues reported are real. I wish them the best of luck but to be honest I am quite disappointed by their service at this point (see my post above). Also, I do agree it feels too ā€œcoldā€ - compared to Monzo their offer just doesnā€™t feel ā€œaliveā€, itā€™s feels just like a stone cold bank with an app that happens to be better than the legacy banks but thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Weā€™ll agree to differ :smirk:

2 Likes

I donā€™t consider constructive feedback as being anti-Starling as most of us wouldā€™ve said the same about Monzo if they had such issues. If Starling failed at something then pointing it out is not what I consider being anti-something, just rightfully providing feedback and hoping they will fix it.

5 Likes

Hi @anon23935806

But most refunds dont appear until upto 5 days after sending the refund request from the merchant to the bankā€¦ so not really an issue with Starling but the whole process in general

Agree with @Demmedelusive Starling is gaining traction, where as im afraid Monzo seem to be playing catchup and rushing product to marketā€¦

2 Likes

I posted this over at Starling where thereā€™s a lot of anti-Monzo sentiment in the Monzo current account thread.

All weā€™re seeing are two different banks at different stages using different approaches. Seems like everybody feels they need to pick a side for some reason. Iā€™m enjoying using both :smile:

13 Likes

Same here I have both and will use both for the forseeable future,.

Im an advocate of the new world of bankingā€¦ and have told many people about both Starling and Monzo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d join the starling forum if they did as they promised and added email signup

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just been reading that thread. The Starling fanboys make Apple fanboys look positively indifferent. I, too, am using both Starling and Monzo and apart from the obvious current account options like direct debits etc I donā€™t think there is a great deal of difference between them.

3 Likes

I am using Starling as well, and while I do have a preference for Monzo Iā€™d love to see both succeed.

3 Likes

Apple Pay is now supported by Starling. App update just appeared in the app store.

3 Likes

Starling forum members are very critical of the current account preview.

1 Like

They do seem quite confused by it but hopefully Iā€™ve helped clarify why itā€™s happening the way that it is for them.

5 Likes

Added my Starling to Apple Pay on my watch, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll work fine but Iā€™m still excited to try it out later today :heart_eyes:

The Apple Pay process on Starling is by a mile the best Iā€™ve seen. Hopefully Monzoā€™s is similar.

2 Likes

Yeah I was pretty impressed, I didnā€™t know apps could add cards directly to the wallet - I expected to have to add the card the normal way by taking a picture of it or typing its number.

Apple Pay works perfectly with Starling. I really wish Monzo would support it as wellā€¦ :confused:

1 Like