Starling Feedback

I feel like I’m virtually jumping around threads, but I could see a time where Monzo spins out its core banking tech to become either a wholesaler or commodity bank. I’m not sure the future valuation stuff that’s being spoken about takes that into account… There’s a lot of creative stuff that’s possible to create value and to make managing your money better!

3 Likes

Welcome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Very curious to observe the difference in response to your abhorrent image. :grin:

2 Likes

Personally I don’t feel it’s appropriate mainly because of the Hannibal reference (not the greatest person to be compared to, even if he did host classy dinner parties) but it’s for staff to decide

2 Likes

Are you the person? No judgement.

Personally, the image of Hannibal suggests the movie more to me than the person, and it’s a great movie. I wouldn’t mind watching it again to be honest, I’m missing out on my Hopkins fix since the departure from Westworld.

No! Horror movies and anything with sharks in are not my cup of tea. A nice chickflick or a Bollywood musical are more my style!

2 Likes

Lecter is “intellectually brilliant, cultured and sophisticated, with refined tastes in art, music and cuisine”, so it’s actually a compliment. :smirk:

1 Like

Now I am offended. :grin: They’re no doubt working on something, probably another Sneak Peak to tease everyone, but what will be released is anybody’s guess. A little slow is about the nicest thing you could have said.

That flagged it? No, I don’t have an account there. Even then I wouldn’t have flagged. Nor am I a guy

5 Likes

My mistake, I should never assume. Apologies.

6 Likes

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

Om Shanti Om

The Housefull series

Karthik calling Karthik

or my favourite Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

1 Like

I look at their forum occasionally to keep up with what’s happening but I don’t have an account either on the forum or with the bank. I find Monzo suits my needs perfectly

5 Likes

I am so happy to see you here! I am also a Starling user, although I don’t comment much on the forums, and I’ve been following your work on the round ups and the self-incurred savings taxes, as well as the latest developments ;-). You should consider trying your luck here and see if you get a better response. The lack of movement on Starling’s side is what brought me to Monzo so hopefully they don’t disappoint.

5 Likes

I have to say that this, along with the rather closed way they operate is also what made me take the plunge after just following Monzo for years. Not been disappointed so far (in fact, pleasantly impressed), but not abandoning Starling either.

4 Likes

I have an account at Starling. I’m probably one of this forum’s biggest advocates for Starling’s product, and one of the biggest critics of their godawful customer interaction.

6 Likes

I tried to join starling but didn’t make it in, so “settled” with Monzo and happy as a pig in…

3 Likes

Guano? :grin:

2 Likes

Many of us do!

There’s still a few things that Starling does better: multi device support, granular API permissions, payee management… But fascinating to see the different approaches and strategies.

5 Likes

Payee management and multi-device support I’ll grant you, especially payee management since I’ve never needed multi-device. But API permissions may not last long as they plan to ditch the tiers.

1 Like

Not sure I understand ditch the tiers?