Starling Feedback

A clear fintech fan I take it :rocket:

Probably makes sense being the Economic Secretary to the Treasury

4 Likes

Starling wins dancing competition! Sorry Monzo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Great skillz. Monzo wave AND drinking tea simultaneously. Awesome.

4 Likes

Starling has just rolled out in app loans (11% APR). Credit card to follow soonā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Quite a high APR, is their acceptance criteria quite lax?

2 Likes

Lots of backlash from the Starling community regarding the loans release, no communication from Starling yet (but no surprise there :speak_no_evil:)

3 Likes

What they offer is in the range of their overdraft offer. If you were given an overdraft, you shouldnā€™t have trouble getting a loan from them :smile:

1 Like

Oh I just found the overdraft button - pre-approved for that!

Iā€™d say they are quite generous with their lending practices. With loans and soon to be released credit cards, they will start generating healthy revenue streamā€¦

1 Like

I quite like the way that you can use any unused overdraft facility for a short term loan; makes it more reassuring if you plan to buy something large that you know the credit facility will be available to spread the cost.

1 Like

Yeah! Quite a chunky overdraft compared to :monzo: :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

And cheaper if you need to borrow smaller amount of money.

1 Like

soon to be released credit cards

Source? Iā€™m interested. Could be a good replacement for my legacy credit card.

3 Likes

I need to protect my sources! :joy: It will happen.

1 Like

Itā€™s an interesting idea ā€¦ if you have an overdraftā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow::eyes::grinning:

Anyway, the announcement states:

Youā€™ll also be able to spread to cost of big ticket items directly from the transaction feed.

Does anyone have that facility? It could be that, because I donā€™t have an overdraft, itā€™s just not shown at all (Iā€™m presuming it will appear on the transaction page, just like the Split / Improve / Attach items), but thereā€™s been no mention on the Starling thread either. If anyone would like to repeat this question on there, thatā€™s fine by me (i donā€™t have an account on there)

1 Like

Ignore me, I have just seen the screen shot on the official page. I should really try engaging the old brain cell now and thenā€¦!!

Just had my card replaced due to my account being compromised. However they wonā€™t tell me a thing and keep telling me they cannot confirm the merchant. I then asked them if someone has tried to take money but they just keep saying it was for precaution.

They clearly know more than they are letting on and itā€™s frustrating :tired_face:

2 Likes

Just saw this from Starling - great idea! Would love Monzo to implement something like this in the future!

https://www.starlingbank.com/loans/personal-loan/

2 Likes

They might not be able to say why at the moment. When Monzo uncovered the Ticketmaster issue and replaced affected cards they couldnā€™t say why they were being replaced until investigations were under taken and it was all public.

4 Likes

Hi Tom,

Iā€™ve moved your post here (hope you donā€™t mind) as there is an ongoing discussion regarding Starlingā€™s loans.

Good news is that Monzo are working on this! Read more here: Spread the cost

2 Likes