Starling Feedback

Good God man. They would make their forums active! They can’t do that.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with such strong negative criticism of allowing Google Nearby as a way of specifying the other party in a joint account :man_shrugging:. I would hope they’d all allow other ways of doing it too and I don’t think it real my matters :yum:

2 Likes

Tbh I don’t really care if Google is gathering data about me as long as it makes my life easier. I like how everything is synced up in Google to make my life easier but I admittedly don’t use much Google features other than Maps and Keep. I don’t like how Gmail organises my mail.

2 Likes

Without causing offense I’ve been a member of the starling forum for longer then I have here and I have to say the discussions are far more focused on banking than here…and they respond well to feedback. I don’t understand the tribe mentality of some people.

3 Likes

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/joint-connected-accounts/1934/307

:joy: “passive aggressive” - I really don’t understand the rivalry between these two forums tbh, I was just voicing my opinion on their comms style.

5 Likes

I’d recommend ignoring Loz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well for me the main issue is that the article completely dismisses Starling’s efforts and presents Google Nearby as the solution to joint accounts which is outright false.

Couples can now open a joint account without getting off the sofa, using Google technology [emphasis mine]

I would’ve preferred they would give credit where credit is due and put Starling in the spotlight.

1 Like

I didn’t interpret in that way

Edit: but I’ve only read your excepts and not the full article

Different forums have different styles. It’s just down to the individual which one suits them better :woman_shrugging:
Doesn’t mean one approach is right and the other is wrong but it’s good that people have the choice

2 Likes

I already was :sweat_smile:

I’m all for both Monzo and Starling offering joint accounts and it’s right that they should. Looking forward to the respective announcements in the coming weeks from both parties, nothing like a little bit of competition :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s true, but then again I can’t view the whole article :woman_shrugging:t2: Maybe they’ve described the joint accounts in greater detail after the cutoff instead of focusing on Google? Can anyone paste the full text on here or something

Anyways I’m sure Monzo can benefit from feedback/ preferences from users there as well if joint account testing is still underway with Monzo. Features may be internally tested but some things may be missed out/ maybe users might end up preferring something a certain way like they are used to with traditional joint accounts. I’ll wait till they release more previews on Monday.

3 Likes

I don’t either…it’s what makes the comments about a product no one has seen yet being “rushed” etc even more bizarre.

Regarding being ignored, I would say the same also but it’s far more difficult when said person is able to lock, delete, split and in general stifle debate or cricism…oh well! :+1:

3 Likes

To be clear, we (the Coral Crew, the users with increased permissions) can’t do this.

I don’t have any additional permissions on top of theirs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No one said we.

Based on what I’ve read from on the Starling community so far it does seem slightly rushed to me. That’s my opinion. I chose to post it in a Starling Feedback thread.

I may change my mind when the full announcement is made but based on the info I’ve read thus far I’m completely entitled to put across my opinion however I wish, or is that being passive aggressive? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

No offense taken. Different communities. I prefer the atmosphere here. My impression of the Starling forum is more genuflection than discussion. But, that’s just like my opinion.

6 Likes

Starling doesn’t give a flying f-word about the users on the forum or the forum in general. They just added it as a “me too” to the Monzo community.

4 Likes

Statements like this end up undermining any further opinion you might have.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone has their own experiences of things.

But to put out a blanket statement like that, which is clearly inaccurate doesn’t help anyone or anything.

My experience is that their whole business model is very different. From their community, to their product releases.

I’ve never felt they don’t care at all.

5 Likes

Has anybody seen a launch date for this yet?

It’s just I remember when Starling launched Current Accounts in Ireland in June 2017 and partnered with TransferWise in March 2017.

Vapourware?

1 Like

Launching this week apparently.

2 Likes