Starling Feedback

Okay thanks. Hopefully someone moves my post out of “welcome to the community” as I can’t post anywhere else yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe @Demmedelusive (a regular Starling Community contributor) might be able to help (he is Starling Guru, similar to the Coral Crew here).

1 Like

I had a “meh” experience with closing a Starling account before but hoped they’d learn from it and improve the process… apparently not.

1 Like

You just got a personal response from Anne - Tasty!

3 Likes

And a formal written apology

Which is exactly what you deserve after all that messing about :+1:

4 Likes

Yay!

Weird how multiple contacts with CS doesn’t get anywhere, yet one post on a forum gets sorted so quickly…

Edit: Just had a phone call from them, they’re taking the situation rather seriously and are very apologetic. The account closure process is now different to what I experienced and should be free from the issues I’ve experienced.

11 Likes

Public exposure vs private is what I think

6 Likes

Annoyingly why Twitter is often the quickest way to get something sorted for a lot of companies. :pensive:

4 Likes

I like how Starling doesn’t charge you an overdraft fee when being in overall credit… :laughing:

(trolling)

10 Likes

We’ve got a troll, set the alarms off. or we will be going circles!

£1722 is the average for someone in severe financial difficulty, and they would (hopefully) fail your credit check.

I’m now completely locked out of the Starling community, unable to login using Twitter across any web browser on either Mac or Windows :man_facepalming:t2:. Anyone else had this issue? I don’t understand the need to use Facebook, Twitter etc. to login? Someone at Starling was looking into it, but can’t even get onto the community to respond now. Not good!

It’s the one place on starling I can access with no issues ha ha ha !

5 Likes

Clear your cookies and try again. Possibly a corrupted session (maybe Discourse did an upgrade that expects something else in the session cookies, and explodes when presented with the cookies from the old version).

2 Likes

Yep. Same here.

Working here

1 Like

Working here

1 Like

I let them know for you and they also said about clearing cookies as @anon23935806 said. Happy to be a go between for you!

2 Likes

You’re too kind @BethS :nerd_face: I’ve tried clearing cookies and data on iOS/Safari and still getting the same issue. Will try the same on my laptop when I get into work.

Edit: Got to work, doesn’t work on laptop after clearing cookies and cache either :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

When you say ‘working’ — have you logged out and tried logging back in using Twitter? (I wouldn’t try it just incase). I’ve now tried logging in across two laptops and one iPhone, running Windows, macOS and iOS, using Safari, Chrome and IE. All of which do not work :blush:. Why do they insist on connected accounts? A simple username and password works fine (as Monzo proves).

2 Likes