Starling Feedback

You’re mistaken. I made a particular comment on the Payees functionality. I raised this as an issue with Starling back in August. They took ages to implement an inferior solution. Monzo appears to have largely copied the inferior solution for Payees.

I do not disagree that it’s not easy to build. I couldn’t build it! Respect to Monzo who are making efforts with this.

As a customer, I know which system is easier to use, and it’s not the challenger banks. I hope (and think) that, one day, they’ll surpass the better implementations of NatWest/RBS and First Direct. At the moment, they’re not there.

4 Likes

That post was mainly for an earlier participant.

1 Like

As you keep doing, you’ve taken my comment out of context there.

I’ve already acknowledged that the incumbent’s implemention of that functionality might work well. Monzo’s & Starling’s might not work as well. (I say might because I haven’t compared them myself).

But the reason why they’re ‘reinventing the wheel’ is because the overall UX for the legacy bank’s apps is horrible.

Alex, that’s been my point. The legacy banks are currently doing it better, the overall UX is not horrible with all legacy banks.

I’d be grateful if you stopped attempting to derail my feedback to other contributors.

8 Likes

Can you point me to this on RBS app I can’t see it. I can see a delete payee but not add. Am I missing it? Ta

Edit. Think I’ve confused payment with payee. Stand down me :grinning:

1 Like

My bad, I meant compared to the challenger’s..

1 Like

This has been tough going, chaps. There’s almost a case for exchanges like this going off-line. I say “almost”, because someone’ll likely come back and remind me that this is what forums are about…

But still. :smirk:

4 Likes

What do you mean?

It has?

1 Like

Only for me :grinning:

It read like it was at times, but I guess it is sometimes diificult to interpret solely based on text.

4 Likes

Agreed. But loads of the threads go through it from time to time especially when it’s one upping each other on banking regulation knowledge :smile:

1 Like

I’m so proud to have Starling as my Main Bank. This will grow numbers significantly. To win this award with 5 times less users at least than the other banks it’s very significant. Can’t wait to invest.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with that? The best Bank won.

1 Like

Better luck next year. We may even have Applepay then if we are very lucky .

2 Likes

What ever happened to graciously losing? … if Monzo had Won I would have been surprised , but I would have congratulated them… it’s also noteworthy we have 5 times less users , so if we had 500.000 you would still be behind us as a Higher percentage of Starling Voters voted compared to Monzos 50000 customers who didn’t vote or didn’t feel they wanted to vote Monzo the best bank as they didn’t feel it was. . Also to be able to put “best bank 2018”on your Advertising and in the App Stores with help Growth undoubtedly.
I also find it very significant that First Direct put so much into their advertising budget on Television et cetera and yet Starling & Monzo both usurped them with No Tv Radio or poster ads. How upset must FD be right now. They will have to think up a whole new Ad campaign as they always relied heavily on this Award.
On another note The best bank award surely it’s like a top award and encumbers the whole experience? A bit like the Oscars the best Film :movie_camera: & Best actor wards are seen as the best. So I Think best bank is the Best award. The rest are all kind of categories or features and parts of banks awards online banking mobile banking et cetera

2 Likes

This topic will be reopened once the team have had a chance to review the recent posts.

As a reminder -

Deliberately derailing threads, or other forms of trolling.

is against the community code of conduct.

Hey all,

We’ve reopened this thread now. Please try to keep the discussion on-topic, keeping your post to just what you think about Starling. We don’t want it to become a ‘Monzo vs Starling’ flamewar.

We’ll keep an eye on the thread. But please do get in touch if you see anything you think we should act on

Thanks!

6 Likes

absolutely nothing - how "it was advertised for Starling users on their forum " can be construed as criticism by some is beyond me :slight_smile: - I never said there was anything “wrong” with Starling posting it on their forum :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

• we are in the Starling feedback thread and I was answering the post two above mine where it was asked by Poppa Thor "How is this voted for? :thinking:
6 Likes