Starling Feedback

Definitely open to suggestions on how we can.

I did a formal complaint and they answered it in the same way they answer every formal complaint:
“Meh, we’re in BETA, complaint not upheld”*

*Clearly I’m paraphrasing

1 Like

The best complaint you can make is by closing your accounts. They’ve got plenty of chances to make this right but clearly they don’t care at all so why should they deserve your business?

2 Likes

Indeed, it goes back to the head vs. heart for Starling vs Monzo. Unfortunately, Monzo isn’t usable enough for me to use it as my daily driver (usual issues with DDs, Overdrafts, Parity, etc, etc which I’m not going to drone on about now).

True enough. Though it might actually cost them more if I max out the interest I can get from them but don’t actually use the account for anything - though I suppose that gives them lending power…

Its not really for me to say how Starling should run their business or conduct their customer ops, what they should be aware of is the impression of openness and transparency they are conveying with these sort of conversations - sorry not good enough - The outage caused me no problems whatsoever, but the lack of reporting of the outage and then the subsequent drawing blood from a stone conversation leaves the lasting impression on me - unfortunately not for the first time -

I agree @Chalky their app is further on than Monzos at present

2 Likes

They’ve moved into DM on Twitter

Edit: They also made a tweet they’ve since deleted

3 Likes

I wonder if they realise that behaviour makes unhappy people shout louder.

3 Likes

Wow really, that’s insane!

Yeah, it’s certainly giving me more ammunition to drive a discussion

1 Like

Yeah, if they said they’d had an outage, my response would basically be ‘oh well, they’re a new startup. some downtime is expected.’ I wouldn’t rely on such a new bank 100% anyway, so no big deal. If they proactively told me about it, even better - I’d know not to use my card in the mean time. This response, though, really puts me off.

I’ve been using Starling as my main spending account, and quite liking it, but the fact that they’ve gone back to this attitude after promising to change it last time is making me reconsider. Seriously tempted to just abandon the whole challenger bank thing and go back to my legacy bank.

3 Likes

Starling has a good app offering for a new bank, just as Monzo does - or will soon (apparently :slight_smile: ) , I just want them to be open and honest when asked - maybe giving the benefit of the doubt the Customer Ops didn’t actually know about the outage - though why they shouldn’t is beyond me :slight_smile:

Seems unlikely but possible. If that were the only issue, you could put it down to a customer ops person who wasn’t sure how much they were allowed to say, or were just following a genering script. That’s what your conversation looks like to be honest. But not listing the incident on their status page (after they’ve had complaints about that before) and deleting tweets about it suggests a deliberate policy, rather than just one staff member handling it poorly.

1 Like

I’m but even sure what to make of what Starling’s CEO just posted there…

Screenshot_20180103-203452

@tom care to comment since you’ve been name dropped by Anne?

I’m quite confused what any of this has to do with the transparency issues people are concerned about. Hopefully this has got enough attention that it may help improve that :grinning:. This really is the only thing that puts me off using Starling

7 Likes

My brain hurts, too much stupid for one day I think!

1 Like

This has been a wild 24 hours for both Monzo and Starling.

There was the ‘brutal’ thread here yesterday Switched from Monzo to a legacy bank (Barclays) 💫 and the thing today on the Starling forum about outage reporting.

Both painful to read.:flushed:

3 Likes

I assume you mean this one.

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/gps-outage/2949/17

2 Likes

Yep, that one… :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope Tom doesn’t comment. There’s no need to make this about personalities.

7 Likes

Me too now I think about it :+1: :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh this is just bad so bad… Its sort of Trump tweeting I wouldn’t respond if I was Tom.

4 Likes