Starling Feedback

they delete all of them :frowning:

3 Likes

you can go to incident history at the bottom of their status page - but not showing anything today

1 Like

they delete 99.9% of all incidents and only show them when it is live

3 Likes

I’ve asked them about it in a tweet here. Lets see if they answer…

Edit: Seriously though. It’s things like this that stop me switching from Monzo to give Starling a proper try. They are more feature rich than Monzo right now but this is just shady as **** :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, their transparency around outages leaves a lot to be desired, and is the main thing that tempts me to just go back to using my legacy bank for everything. Although to be fair, I don’t know how many times NatWest has had intermittent outages for a few minutes and not told me…

1 Like

Im sorry its not just transparency - when asked specifically whether they had issues the Customer services obfuscate by asking whether I had any problems because “the service is up and running at present” - I was starting to doubt I had seen the issue from my original post and contacted Starling customer service and got this - not good Im afraid

IMG_2758IMG_2759IMG_2760IMG_2761

7 Likes

Agreed, they need to handle this better. Their attitude towards these issues is poor. I think obfuscating like this comes under ‘transparancy’, but whatever you want to call it, it’s not good enough.

4 Likes

Well it really is something when I have to come over to this forum to check whether Starling had any issues or not!

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/gps-outage/2949/6?u=chalky

2 Likes

yep I agree they should handle a simple question better - transparency would be "yes we had a small outage 10-15 minutes ago, we hope this didn’t cause problems for you the issue is now resolved - obfuscation would be “everything is fine at the moment” - and " I understand we are operational at the moment "

3 Likes

And there was an extremely lengthy thread on their forums about this a couple of outages ago and they promised they would do better, which they did for the next outage.

They’ve now clearly gone back to their old ways of not telling us and hoping that we wouldn’t notice!

its not really about hoping the customer wouldn’t notice, its about being asked a direct question and not giving you a straight answer when the Cops presumably do know the actual answer to my question - just as I would expect a straight answer from Monzo I expect it from Starling but didn’t get it until pushed

1 Like

I suggest we try and ask them repeatedly about this as publicly as possible (preferably beyond just their forum) so they feel the need to actually do something about it

Definitely open to suggestions on how we can.

I did a formal complaint and they answered it in the same way they answer every formal complaint:
“Meh, we’re in BETA, complaint not upheld”*

*Clearly I’m paraphrasing

1 Like

The best complaint you can make is by closing your accounts. They’ve got plenty of chances to make this right but clearly they don’t care at all so why should they deserve your business?

2 Likes

Indeed, it goes back to the head vs. heart for Starling vs Monzo. Unfortunately, Monzo isn’t usable enough for me to use it as my daily driver (usual issues with DDs, Overdrafts, Parity, etc, etc which I’m not going to drone on about now).

True enough. Though it might actually cost them more if I max out the interest I can get from them but don’t actually use the account for anything - though I suppose that gives them lending power…

Its not really for me to say how Starling should run their business or conduct their customer ops, what they should be aware of is the impression of openness and transparency they are conveying with these sort of conversations - sorry not good enough - The outage caused me no problems whatsoever, but the lack of reporting of the outage and then the subsequent drawing blood from a stone conversation leaves the lasting impression on me - unfortunately not for the first time -

I agree @Chalky their app is further on than Monzos at present

2 Likes

They’ve moved into DM on Twitter

Edit: They also made a tweet they’ve since deleted

3 Likes

I wonder if they realise that behaviour makes unhappy people shout louder.

3 Likes

Wow really, that’s insane!