Starling Discussion & Feedback

Hmm mine is black text on teal. That might be why it struggled.

1 Like

Could be, though Iā€™d expect the definition of black on teal to be better.

Starling changed from white text to black, so would be interesting to know if there was a rational behind this, and to what extent camera capture was tested.

3 Likes

I definitely am having problems. Google Pay picks up cards well, but couldnā€™t read the new card.
Could the change of layout be part of the problem?

1 Like

I think that was due to feedback from visually impaired users, the white on teal was hard to read.

5 Likes

Noticed yesterday when adding a card to something that it come up with MasterCard secure code screen so thought Iā€™d try the BPme app which always said before that secure code wasnā€™t available on the card so couldnā€™t be added but today it come up with the secure code screen and added the card so looks like itā€™s enabled in some form or another

1 Like

I enabled the roundups feature but I donā€™t use my current account for day to day spending as I use my credit card for the perks (which I pay off in full)

I was hoping the round up feature woud work with direct debits, but they seem to have limited it to card transactions only.

Itā€™s not a huge deal as Iā€™d probably be only putting away a few pounds each month, but a pretty disappointing feature for my use case!

1 Like

Iā€™d have preferred a round down feature e.g. on the balance at midnight every night.

I noticed a SecureCode screen for the first time yesterday too. Good news as there were a couple of sites I use that wouldnā€™t accept payment without it.

4 Likes

I hope they give you a online AND a app option for secure code. Itā€™s one of my most annoying features of Monzo at the moment.

At the moment isnā€™t asking for any code just seams to authorise it without any intervention but have only seen it on a few sites so donā€™t know if it would ask on a less mainstream site

Got the Starling Bank 3D-Secure today. It approved automatically but I wonder what the flow would be like it it wasnā€™t sure about it. Would it be a Monzo-style in-app approval or just an OTP?

1 Like

Oh

I wonder when Sarah Guha is back from maternity leave. Coincidence?

3 Likes

I wonder how much that pay rise wasā€¦

2 Likes

Starling Bank Community forums has closed, is this the new home? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Only if @anne periodically steps in to shutdown discussion by referring to some unobvious incident :wink:

4 Likes

A lot of them have moved over to this forum.

4 Likes

Starling are going large on the tube ads

20181228_184803

3 Likes

I tried to apply for one a few days ago (for the cash deposits function) and I was refused!

Phoned them (handy they have a call centre) and they are finding out why.

1 Like

Is it just me or is that poorly readable due to the colour combination and a huge wall of text with no ā€œTLDRā€?

Also really not a fan of the weird phone + card mashup. Just put the phone in the center so we can actually see the app properly and show something useful (the transactions list with logos and stuff) instead of the stupid pulse/circle graph (why would you showcase the most useless & universally despised feature?).

7 Likes