Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

Aye from a cycle in that manner. If that was me, I’d budget from 1st each month for simplification. Though I guess would look like a deficit all month til the end :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So do I :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know about open banking but still doesn’t show in the spending tab

1 Like

Blimey, an actual feature update to the app

5 Likes

Given their report they may possibly start rolling out further developments. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Good on em if they do

1 Like

They only show on their own spaces tab (personally don’t see why they called it bills manager when it’s not really it’s own part of the app), but I’m sure they will show on your bank statement (someone may confirm/deny)

1 Like

Yes of course the transactions show on the bank statement. The Spaces balances don’t, however.

2 Likes

They didn’t close my account after a cass either so they are all about those numbers :rofl:

But then years later after I signed back in and ordered a card but then tried to sign in on a new device they shut the account because the person reviewing the sign in video noticed it should have been shut, apparently.

1 Like

This is still the case, unfortunately. You can’t see Spaces DDs in Spending or Emma - you have to view your statement. Completely mad.

2 Likes

How do you see this?

That’s the ClearScore app.

3 Likes

Thanks @Carlo1460 :blush:

I kinda would’ve thought this would be a pretty serious and dodgy if Starling have systemically not been closing accounts to inflate their account numbers. Surely that would impact the value of Starling for their shareholders?

2 Likes

That’s just my experience I don’t know if it’s systematic, but they did close it eventually when they could have just let me keep it so I’m not sure.

1 Like

Starling Bank faces questions over reliance on state-backed funding.

The UK start-up’s rapid growth owes a lot to the ‘bounce back’ pandemic business lending scheme

1 Like

Got to make a few headlines somehow

1 Like

I wish the person who made the allegations would engage with the person who’s defending them, then they could actually ask these questions, rather than have the months of press gossip we’ve had so far.

2 Likes

The Treasury wants its money back, and it’ll make sure it does, and they’ll be loathed to pay the guarantees unless they really have too

Anyone with a joint account, has it shown on your credit report as a financial link at all? Bearing in mind other bills such as mortgage etc may link, but in our case we solely have the joint account, nothing else.

To add, ours isn’t showing a link on any report.

1 Like