Starling Discussion: Part 2

Ah, you’re in NI. That explains it.

Are we missing 40 minutes of Question Time for a politics chat :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No, you get the same length (missus!), just not live.

1 Like

Thanks to satellite bandwidth, I switched to the English version!

It’s not live anyways, it’s pre-recorded a couple of hours before it’s due to be broadcast.

2 Likes

Can we make Ben Habib Prime Minister?

1 Like

You’ll be telling us next that Hootenanny isn’t live :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had to Google that, and I’m still no more clear on what this is, I got this one below, but I don’t think you mean this :flushed::joy:

Summary

A gathering of in bred slack jawed yokals from the southern states of America, usually with the playing of banjo music, drinking of home made hootch and molesting of farmyard animals or cousins.

1 Like

You’ve done a good job avoiding Jools in the last 30 years!

3 Likes

Reading that, I’ve certainly dodged a bullet or 30 then.

1 Like

Probably zero times?

1 Like

Starling rival Monzo passed five million customers in 20/21, but remains a loss-making enteprise. Starling, by contrast, is on course to record its first full year of profit by year-end.

Monzo is loss making, but Starling, by contrast… is also loss making?

8 Likes

I was about to post this :joy:

2 Likes

I mean I’m going to suggest what they mean is that Starling won’t be loss leading by the end of the year, unlike Monzo.

I don’t think it’s hard to see what they meant?

13 Likes

It is when you want to split hairs, I fully understood the meaning though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve had hairs to split :sob:

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss :sob::joy:

3 Likes

Obviously I understand, but it’s comparing apples and oranges. Monzo’s current state with Starlings future state.

Do we know Monzo won’t be profitable by their next year end?

Anyway, it was meant to be a lighthearted comment.

4 Likes