Starling Discussion: Part 2

Source?

1 Like

22/7/21

2 Likes

There’s a difference between “actively in testing” and promised. At no point is anything promised in that linked article

On the topic of Starling’s long-awaited credit card, Boden told AltFi that the bank is now actively in-testing with an SME credit card, but declined to comment on when it would launch

8 Likes

Think you might need to manage your own expectations a little better, and stop inventing mythical deadlines to be disappointed at.

4 Likes

Dunno, it did make me feel at some point in the past that starling was working on a personal credit card. Instead of launching that they launched connected and children cards instead. Both with small monthly fees.

Overall maybe it is for the best. Since a straightforward debit cards with spending controls are easy to implement and support on ongoing basis. And at the same time generate revenue stream.

Credit card products are more difficult to design, implement, and service. With a very different risk & revenue profile. I.e. see how Tandem credit card failed.

1 Like

Which is why an agile fintech ‘could’ own the space. It seems like it’s just too hard

Both the Connected card and Kite card were launched before this article mentioning a credit card, though?

My memory is from this March 2019 article, from before pandemic.

And instead of that, under pandemic circumstances they launched connected card.

3 Likes
1 Like

Sounds like a good fit. Starling has been very prominent in this area.

1 Like

If anything, it’s another book once it’s all over :joy:

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-12/cryptocurrencies-being-used-by-fraudsters-starling-boss-says

1 Like

Is there any type of currency that isn’t used by fraudsters?

7 Likes
2 Likes

Probably no lol

Well, if you remember, Jack was diddled out of a cow for a few beans, so no. Can be any currency :joy:

2 Likes
1 Like

Don’t be so rude, they were magic beans remember? :yum:.

1 Like

Monopoly money? :thinking::joy:

I had no problem to top up my Coinbase account from Starling, a few days ago :blush: