Starling Discussion & Feedback

That’s what we are led to believe. However I have absolutely nothing wrong in any form or shape with my credit file but still have been (only) rejected by Starling.

You are right but at the same time everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would also like to add that I obviously met the criteria 12 months ago (before I decided to leave after several months of using Starling as my sole account)

Nothing has changed on my side

1 Like

Not trying to be cynical, but how can we be certain that it is incorrect?

2 Likes

I suppose we will never find out as the bank does not have to give any reason

2 Likes

I have a decent amount of time for Starling, but defaulting to keeping quiet is definitely their comfort zone!

2 Likes

All I can state is that they (Starling) advised me to check my credit file. I’m assuming that this would of highlighted an issue. Unfortunately it hasn’t

On speaking to the help line they could not offer any further details as the account has no recorded notes for them to refer to. They where also clueless

So yes I do not meet the criteria but the question regarding what this criteria has now become is very much open

1 Like

Which credit file did you check?

You’re right.

No one can here can actually say what’s true or not about why they rejected you since no one here works for Starling. It may well be that they’ve decided not to take old customers back for a while, who knows?

But whatever the reason is, I agree that it’s their decision to make so :man_shrugging:

I personally know someone who reopened an account 12 months after closing it. This was fairly recently. Who knows why they wouldn’t reopen this one but I’m fairly sure it isn’t because they have a policy against returning customers.

1 Like

So this popped up in their FB feed this morning:

I am taking “Starling, the leading digital bank” with a rather large dollop of salt, well they would say that wouldn’t they, but this seems on the surface like a worthwhile idea

4 Likes

Anyone else see the Monzo/Starling bit on The Gadget Show this week?

No! Tell us more :pray:

3 Likes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/4a90d670-a3f4-11e9-974c-ad1c6ab5efd1

People close to Starling insisted the departees had left the bank on good terms. But other people who had spoken to Ms Caywood and Mr Chisell said there had been some friction between executives inside the bank.

One described Ms Caywood’s departure as “very bitter”, and another person close to Mr Chisell said there had been tensions around his exit.

7 Likes

My wife re-opened Starling account without any problems. They asked her to contact CS before re-opening. So she contacted Starling 12 months after closure they removed her mobile phone number from system and she opened a new account.

2 Likes

“People close to Starling…”

Sounds a bit tabloid to me.

That’s the people being nice about Starling though, not some snidey unnamed naysayer, so we can probably let that bit of lingo slide :slight_smile:

Not sure exactly what the remits of a Chief Platform Officer are/were given that Megan appears to totally dominate the first few pages of Google when I search for the term, so maybe it is okay to leave it unfilled, but seems strange to not appoint a new COO

3 Likes

“Our success means that we are seen as a source of talent and many ex-Starlings move on to great roles in companies that want to emulate us. We wish them all well.” (Starling spokesperson)

If this is how it works then how long do we have until Jonas trades up to a better paying role at Bo and Paul is lured over to Jaja? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They should be honest and admit they need to work on incentivising and motivating senior staff. :woman_shrugging:

People can move on for all sorts of personal reasons, but when everyone runs for the door it can be a red flag indicating culture issues or staff not buying into the long term vision.

8 Likes

For those who’ve closed Starling accounts, what was your experience? Partner and I are both closing our accounts and they’ve told us it’s a 7 day process :thinking: (and also ‘lost’ my chat confirmation the joint account could be closed so already been waiting a week for that one).

Can I ask what’s caused that decision?

1 Like

Must admit for the travel benefits alone I don’t think I’ll ever close my Starling account.

3 Likes