Starling Discussion & Feedback

Just go with N26 then, they don’t have any merchant data at all :joy:

6 Likes

Returning briefly to Starling last week (used it a bit like prepaid card when at an event), I was rather disappointed by both the state of the merchant data and the transaction page. Possibly looks more austere than when I left full time for Monzo and, unlike with Monzo account, I just did not feel like expending the effort on trying to submit improvements

So it’s kinda ‘basic’ then?

I must be one of the few who simply doesn’t look into the data as much as others.

If I buy something on my Monzo card, I’m happy with my notification - I don’t ever really go into the app to delve further into the purchase.

I’d love the merchant logo to be accurate - But I’m not particularly annoyed that it isn’t… It just doesn’t look as good.

3 Likes

I remember saying back on the Starling forum that the Monzo transaction page made much better use of the space and the like. Then Starling disabled the map, promising that it would be the start of a change to catch up. That was in August or September…

I am more “worried” about consistency between different bits of the same merchant than the full content most of the time

The different ticket machines at my local station are all programmed with different names and merchant IDs and they’ve just renamed their website to use the name of the company they replaced last year

Been trying to get them all together under one name so I can see combined history

1 Like

I’m generally really quite happy with the Starling App. Overall, I’m generally happy with the account. The banking App does everything I need it to do, pay people/companies/direct debits etc. I just love the convenience of the whole package. Oh, and I really like my new ‘Teal’ card by the way. :sunglasses:

Concerning merchant logos, I’ve just accepted that it would appear that updating logos just isn’t deemed important. I’m not sure if anyone who works for Starling Bank reads this thread, but if logo improvements aren’t going to get done, then why not just withdraw the ability to submit them? I’ve submitted several, they just don’t get updated, even after App updates. Ok, it isn’t the most important thing in the world, but it’s bloody frustrating if you send in submissions and they’re ignored. There you go, moan out of the way :smirk:

3 Likes

Ah, communication at it’s finest!

Merchant data clearly isn’t important to Monzo or Starling - I don’t think either of them come out well when this is looked into.

Thankfully I don’t care… But I can see why it might be annoying to some.

3 Likes

It’s only annoying because they provide a facility to submit an improvement and certainly in my case, nothing gets done, which renders the ‘improve a logo’ submission pointless.

Yeah, finding the right info to even bother submitting an update that may or may not get done doesn’t sound appetising to me!

Is Anne number one or two on speed dial? :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t be silly…

Anne is on FaceTime with @anon76813087.

2 Likes

I have an uneasy feeling that might only be half joking :scream:

1 Like

Two.

One is voicemail silly.

1 Like

Ahhh, are you actually allowed to use the word ‘Empire’…:joy:

Well I be glad if you have managed to get to someone and complain aboutlogos as i find it annoying.

Yeah I remember that and the spin that was put on it and there insistence that it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Google was putting up the fees for the Maps API up…

6 Likes

It wasn’t disabled. It just wasn’t displayed by default you had to click the badly named show address to see it. I’m sure that change will be here soon :thinking:

I only said disabled, rather than hidden/discouraged, as the icon did not seem to be present in the screenshots above from @Dunsford

The transactions page is still a very austere/miserable place to be in that app from my point of view and it was still lagging far behind Monzo in that particular regard even before then

Some folk on here have the pitchforks out as it took Monzo three weeks to roll out some feature and Starling have not touched that in over six months

1 Like

I’ve just looked at both now … look much of a muchness to me