Starling Discussion & Feedback

I message them in app about logos and they advised check the update notes on the app store for merchant updates.

Same here I have about that all the fintechs such as starling, Monzo, dozens, Revolut etc along with legacy accounts Barclays NatWest

1 Like

Wait for @Rat_au_van to come along and trump you all. Must be nearing 50 fintech accounts now :wink:

4 Likes

I mentioned it in another post, Iā€™ve submitted logo improvements multiple times and they just donā€™t get done, which is a shame because for the first couple of months I had the account, if you submitted a logo improvement, they were done really rather quickly. I just get the impression itā€™s no longer of much importance. Such is life. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

8 (including Viola Black, not sure if they actually countā€¦) and waiting for another 4 to launch their apps :yum:

7 Likes

Real commitment to the cause opening with Viola Blackā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m going to keep things relatively simple. Just the one fintech account for me. I have Nationwide accounts, 1 sole and 1 joint, and I aint giving Nationwide up anytime soon, especially when the paid package is as good as it is. My Wife and I travel globally, regularly and the travel insurance alone is worth the paid package aspect.

Iā€™m sure people have their reasons for having multiple accounts, but Iā€™m not sure it can really do much for oneā€™s credit rating applying for and operating so many accounts, though Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be informed I am wrong about this. To be honest, I canā€™t see the point of having so many accounts anyway, but each to their own. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Iā€™m the same - Starling for all my banking and Nationwide FlexPlus for the insurance benefits.

2 Likes

Spot on mate :ok_hand: All you need now is Amex and youā€™re set for the world.:ok_hand:

To be fair, I donā€™t travel into mainland Europe anymore, so ā€˜Euro accountsā€™ arenā€™t really much use to me. Itā€™s the US, Caribbean, South Africa and Far East mostly for me these days, except for the odd stopover at Schiphol Airport (I love that airport!) or Charles de Gaulle (not so great airport, sorry :wink:)

1 Like

What are they all? Iā€™m a bit of a collector too.
Currently Iā€™m with:

Monzo
Revolut
Monese UK & EU
N26
Bunq
Dozens
Curve

On the waitlist for Jaja
I tried to apply for a Starling account but they said I had to call them and I havenā€™t bothered yet.

I only regularly use 2 out of the 8 or so I have.
Iā€™ll open an account just to try them out for a week. I like to get in early just so I can have an account if it does get big in the future too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough if you like all the faff involved in having so many accounts. Just remember, HMRC will know who you areā€¦Mmwaaaahhaaa :rofl:

Iā€™m probably on list somewhere for having so many accounts.

Itā€™s not affected my credit rating. I have used traditional accounts for different reasons over the years as they come with different benefits. Recently though I have just become interested in the new fintech banks so have opened out of curiosity and I like the instant notifications and the ease in which they can be used with things like Android Pay. However, I will be closing one legacy bank in order to swap to Nationwide because like yourself I am impressed with their packaged flex account and competitive savings account.

Iā€™m now starting to wonder why Starling want you to call themā€¦

Iā€™ve never heard of Starling wanting anyone to call them beforeā€¦

2 Likes

Monzo
Revolut
Starling
Loot
N26 (now closed)
Nutmeg
Wealthify
Pensionbee (does that count)
Weswap
Curve
Tandem

On the waiting list for Jaja, Tumelo and Freetrade.

Iā€™m not sure, when I first applied like 6 months ago I think there was somehting wrong with my application and it said I had to call them. I recently decided to finish setting up the account but then I counldnā€™t remember the password and the only way to reset it is to call them apparently. I donā€™t think I ever even set a password but who knows.

I can see where youā€™re coming from and although Iā€™m not a Monzo customer (I love being part of the community tho!), it seems that both Monzo and Starling offer a lot of the same, so I couldnā€™t justify at this stage opening a Monzo account. As for the rest, seems theyā€™re Euro based and Iā€™m not interested in non UK banks even if some of them offer better options than Starling or Monzo.

I see WeSwap mentioned again. I have a card, but isnā€™t it just a currency card? It was great when I used it but I donā€™t need it anymore.