Starling Discussion & Feedback

You started by stating, this was personal experience, wanting to leave, because CS was poor, which was shortly followed by complaining about not being able to come back, for something like 12 months. Your conclusion was a cracker because you said : personal view…my bank has done nothing wrong.

:upside_down_face:

I think you misread that last bit.

2 Likes

Not sure how dragging up a comment from over a year ago is particularly helpful in a fast moving environment like this.

Given your Monzo account has been frozen, perhaps you could give Starling a try?

Yeah I missed that it was created over a year ago, however…who told you my Monzo account is or was frozen?

You did - You posted a big old comment on here a few days ago.

I’ve just read that Starling also closed your account - Sorry things aren’t working out.

Perhaps try Revolut, or one of the high street banks if you need one.

Good luck with it :ok_hand:

2 Likes

No I didn’t, would you care to send me a screenshot please?

No, no I wouldn’t because I don’t have the time to trawl through a forum to prove a point.

I feel I can see where this is going to end up so… Good luck :+1:

Edit - FWIW, I just found your post and it looks like you were referencing Revolut in your comment which I hadn’t picked up on originally!

Apologies for the lack of understanding on my behalf.

Yeah it going to the FCA, ombudsmen and prudential authority, because I literally just started posting last night for the first time, you said a few days ago.

We are well off topic, so good luck with everything.

Back to Starling.

Transfer from Euro account went through really smoothly! :grin:

3 Likes

It’s made bunq and Revolut redundant for me in one fell swoop. Not a bad achievement!
Where’s the money angle for starling though?

3 Likes

Starling generate revenue from their platform framework, so they can offer other features for free where competitors need to charge.

It also gives them a foot in the door of Europe, and possibly opens the door to better integrated expansion.

Pure guesses of course, but they’ve done a great job with it so far.

4 Likes

Don’t they also add a little commission to the exchange rate? Someone posted that Revolut was still cheaper during weekdays.

Didn’t think starling added fees / commission.
Don’t they just use the mastercard exchange rate same as monzo?
Revolut add a % at weekends

My understanding is that there is a small commission charge when sending foreign currency to a third party from your GBP account but transferring between your GBP and EUR accounts is commission-free.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I wasn’t referring to card transactions, but rather to internal transfers from the GBP account to the EUR account - which is apparently free as well. Where Revolut is cheaper though is when it comes to international transfers, for which they don’t charge.

Would be lovely if someone who has both could confirm this?

**Possible even provide screenshots :eyes:

Ask and ye shall receive.

image image

5 Likes

Top man @nickh :clap:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - 8/2/19