Starling Discussion & Feedback

Seems like Anne is the Trump of banking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would argue Anne is the opposite of anything Trump.

Not disruptive enough?! :wink:

Indeed. I only mentioned it because Anne did.

They share the trait of using fake news to distract their opponents

1 Like

Ooooh I’m interested to see their credit card offering :slight_smile:
Nice post from Anne.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Euro accounts have been “around the corner” for some time.

Haha, every business has its challenges and sometimes things don’t go to plan. I’m sure it’ll be worth it when it happens :slight_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Banning overdraft fees

Tom’s old post on credit cards as ‘financial products that don’t address daily problems directly’ (to paraphrase his words) feels a bit irrelevant now, if we consider that the overdraft is just as much such a financial product, and possibly a more lucrative one for banks (I might be very wrong?). A credit card can be useful for a number of reasons and I find it hard to believe that Monzo’s reasoning for not offering such a product at the time was entirely based on ethics.

Anyway the thing I’m most excited about is the euro account.

3 Likes

This is weird

IMG_20190119_125846

1 Like

What did you moan about?

1 Like

I didn’t moan about anything!
What did I do to deserve this?
No message in app or package.

Normally you get them in response to a complaint or poor customer service. Nothing like that recently?

Socks are quite comfortable, I was given a pair by someone who didn’t want them

Well, I intend to complain now!

At no point did I consent to my data being used to send me treats :joy:

I actually made a complaint quite some time ago, but the responses were so incompetent from CS that I just gave up replying. I wasn’t going to do their work for them. They couldn’t even put together the multiple chats it was split across.

Oh well, got some socks then.

2 Likes

That’ll be an interesting chat. “I did not consent to my data being used to send me treats. I demand you use my data to send me more treats as an apology for the previous treats”. See if you can get the Starling gloves or flask :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

A flask?! No way. Who’s had that?

Only seen 1 photo of it, not sure if it was on twitter on the old forum. It exists but not sure if it was ever released in the wild :grin:

2 Likes

As ever with Starling, I’m fascinated to see who buys them, money has to be on RBS at the moment with the deal they’ve done. Question isn’t a case of but when.

1 Like

I see so many of these type of posts yet no-one has ever given a good explanation as to why they think this way.

Starling has built a platform that allows them to earn revenue from a number of different channels. It’s likely they’ll be profitable next year. Why would selling to a big bank be a good idea?

10 Likes