Starling Discussion & Feedback

I don’t think Tom wrote it

1 Like

His BDE is always present

2 Likes

Digital cheque imaging was enabled for me yesterday.

Also, a minor detail… they’ve changed the font in the app and it looks very nice!

1 Like

Just taken a look and cheque imaging is working for me too! :tada:

Didn’t notice any difference on the font though. Do you have any before/after screenshots?

I noticed the font maybe a week or two ago. Where is cheque imaging in the app? Maybe I’m just missing it.

Under Add Money menu.

I get this on iOS at the moment , be useful when I next get a cheque…

3 Likes

No idea how much they are spending on advertising at the moment, but I see the TV advert on literally every single ad break no matter what Channel I am on! (BBC excluded obviously)

Are you guys using business or personal accounts? I have a cheque from HMRC for my business and I’ve been putting off sending it by post hoping cheque imaging would be released.

I have both but it seems I’m not able to access it yet. They’re releasing it in batches it seems. I just get the post it in page that I got before.

One android user on money saving expert said he had it, so maybe it’s android only for now, or maybe it’s only active for a tiny percentage to give it a real world test

I’ll check on my Android app now

Edit: It’s live in the Android app for me :partying_face:. Primarily an iOS user so didn’t realise. Seems they’ve gone for Android first and iOS likely in the next update, I guess.

I don’t have any before screenshots. This is on Android, I’m told that it’s similar to the font already in use on iOS. You can see the new font in @phildawson’s post above.

I have both Business and Personal accounts and can confirm cheque imaging is working on both :+1:t2:

2 Likes

An iOS update was released this morning. The release notes mention that support for cheque imaging is now “rolling out”.

I got excited and opened the app to check, but I don’t have it yet.

Yeah - the same. Saw the update, weirdly got excited (even though I don’t actually have any cheques to cash) and then disappointed it wasn’t actually there.

It does say it’s a phased roll-out so at least it’s definitely coming and probably hopefully rolled out for everyone in the next month.

Once I’ve got it, I’ll close down my ‘safety’ Co-op bank account that I only have to paying in cheques.

1 Like

It’s in my latest update on android.

Now just waiting for my cheque from my cancelled Pontins break to try it out :grin:

I did have access to cheque imaging already though through my HSBC account, which is purely open for access to their regular saver.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I have cheque imagining but, so it would seem, no new font:

Also: what is the Description field for?

You can write; It’s a cheque, made of paper, perforations down the left side.

7 Likes