Starling Discussion & Feedback

So did I. Never really got on with the app. NatWest paid me for it.

1 Like

Agreed.

Unless you really put a lot of value in the small difference makers (overdraft fees, foreign ATM fees and a few other small bits and pieces), it really comes down to which app you like the look of the most!

6 Likes

I closed mine for a switch bribe too, about a year ago.

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Exactly why I wrote obligatory. :rofl:

2 Likes

I found a few interesting reasons when browsing this forum last month:

15 Likes

Also on this forum and maybe pertinent

1 Like

Yeah, Dan, stop making ridiculous facts just for the sake of it!

3 Likes

Remember, there are facts and there are alternative facts.

5b7339e11982d83a008b50f9-750-375

2 Likes

I have to admit. It’s some A1 trolling.

7 Likes

Internet banking for SMEs, surely something they’ll roll out to everyone?

7 Likes

I’d imagine so, down the line. Maybe it had to be for SMEs as part of the grant?

So Starling have been awarded 100M from the CIF RBS fund, anything for Monzo?

1 Like

Monzo didn’t apply for the first round, i thought they missed out earlier.The fund still has money for other candidates later this year.

It would be a clever move to develop it as an SME service with funding then “clone” it for personal banking

I’d imagine the underlying system would be the same, especially given how proud Starling are about their API etc, so can’t imagine it taking much to open it up to everyone eventually.

Again, for the benefit of interested watchers of this forum, I think we need to take the time, crowdfund investors and otherwise, to applaud Starling’s efforts in this regard

15 Likes

It won’t please everyone over at the other place for it to be said here, but still this is a nicer (if quieter) place when we can recognise that Starling have taken a different approach and have a different “personality” as a business yet are moving quickly and making big strides

4 Likes

How terribly mundane!

1 Like

I get the banner that says I can add a euro account but when I select it I only get the options of business and joint accounts to open!

Starling is a tease…

1 Like