Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

Can’t speak for Starling’s VCs but I have a monzo VC on my Curve card. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work for Starling’s

I have a work expenses pot, the physical curve card comes in handy when paying at a pump :fuelpump:. For everything else I just have it added to Google Pay/Wallet

5 Likes

Impatient waiting I can do but I’m getting bored and wanna play……

3 Likes

Separate spending in physical form. Reverted to using Physical not wallet as I’m actually less inclined to spend as much.

6 Likes

I’ve got my own independent thinking thanks though, now let’s not derail a topic about Starling banking with some outraged people.

Back to Starling in 3.2.1

Savings space with interest this week we thinking, or next week :eyes: there’s not much left now of December to go.

I can’t see them releasing it after Christmas, but could be wrong.

There’s the upcoming savings account around the corner, waiting to see if this is a Starling product or a 3rd party provider

4 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 16 hours.

Still no VCs for me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Got them about a hour ago

So we are ditching our Amex and going all in on Sterling (joint account) for our spending.

Hoping that using debit cards and having a live spend balance will make us more conscious about our spending.

Will be great to have some more automated spend analytics to see where our money goes.

4 Likes

VCs aren’t available to joint accounts just FYI.

We use Starling for our JA. I’d like to use my personal account more but Pulse annoys me, you can’t exclude categories from the spending tab, only spaces (when I get VCs), transfers also mess things up as I don’t want it to tell me I’ve spent the transfer money, to exclude would be ideal.

Alas, I’m majority set up with Revolut.

3 Likes

Over the last few days I have 100% gone all in on Starling (CC with FD still). All joint spending comes from joint account and me and the Mrs use our personal accounts for our own “spends” and I am using the VC for subscriptions and petrol since it’s always me who fills the car up anyway.

Wish VC were supported on the joint account but now I am set up it’s not a huge deal.

Considering closing all my currently unused accounts. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Most of mine are gone. Those not reported can stay (Algbra, Zen, Chase, Plutus), and Revolut can stay obvs.

Got a Lloyds account open which I’ll probably use as a switcheroo next year, then Starling and Monzo.

Starling will hopefully pick up, have an app redesign, and add more in terms of categories and ability to amend/split etc, and incorporate a proper bill split function with others.

1 Like

I have Kroo, Chase, Revolut, Monzo, Zopa CC which are all unused so I might just go on a mass closing spree.

Starling is my main bank and FD is my CC, also have the current account with FD which I use to pay the CC. I don’t have any experience with splitting bills etc as it’s not a feature I use with any of my accounts past/present.

2 Likes

Me and other half tend to split a lot IE meals etc that fall outside of household bills etc.

Maybe easier to just spend it all from JA and add our share back in :upside_down_face: messes up personal spending though, again, transfers can’t be excluded though could be labelled as say take away.

1 Like

Just jumping in here on the back of the recent flags and the automated closure of the Topic.

Our Code of Conduct is always available to reference regarding how to conduct yourself on the Community and general forum etiquette.

If you’re unsure - the flag feature is there and myself or someone else at Monzo can decide. Thanks to everyone who used this feature.

Let’s keep this Topic on track and discuss Starling.

Any questions: feel free to DM me.

6 Likes

We aren’t that fussed about tracking the spending and the graphs etc so we usually just pay it into the joint account and put the reference as whatever, like “takeaway” then at least we know what it was for.

I did get into tracking stuff a while ago but didn’t find any specific bank worked exactly how i wanted so just sacked it all off. :rofl:

2 Likes

I will likely get to that point :joy: my mental state just continually refuses to settle on one and if Starling says I spent £300, but £200 was transfers, it bugs me.

Maybe when Starling savings comes I may consider again.

Also wish I could change the notification colour from purple to white :upside_down_face: not picky at all.

1 Like

Is it possible to set up a scheduled payment between my main Starling account and the “personal additional” Starling account I’ve just set up? I can’t seem to find a way to do this but it would seem a major omission if the intent is to encourage people to use the main account for salary, dd, etc, and the additional account for day to day spending.

No. You can’t do so to your own accounts (really annoying). You could send it out and back in again but it’s simple enough to tap payments, and then pay your other account.

Agree though, should be able to set up automatic transfers.