Splitting one transaction over multiple categories

I, along with plenty of others have raised this issue but it seems to have fallen of the table a little.

Is there anything on the roadmap to accommodate splitting the same transaction into multiple categories? For example, if I were to spend £100 in ASDA this would come out of my grocery tab as standard but if I were to buy household items or medicine I would want those categories to be updated.

Without this feature, the budgeting within Monzo doesn’t work as desired as I often have to over budget my grocery budget.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Split up a transaction into different categories

If people keep creating separate topics then requests like this will likely get missed.

Whereas if everyone comments in the same topic, not only does it keep everything neat and helps with the discussion but it also shows Monzo what the demand is like for certain features.

Original topic (and the one I assume you’re referring to) is here:

1 Like

I’m not sure it fell off the table as such, more that the original thread probably just ran out of people who were that bothered.

1 Like

maybe @Jackcrwhitney or @Peter_G or someone from the coral crew could merge this with the other

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Split up a transaction into different categories

Hey @Ordog, @Anarchist, @nathanthomson8, I’ve moved the original post and reply to the existing thread.

I’m leaving the chat about the merge here as it won’t make sense in the other conversation. Hope that’s okay!

1 Like