Split the bill with own joint / personal account

If you have a joint and personal account, you should be able to split the bill with yourself to pay from it from your personal account.

Also, if you assign a bank credit to a category, you should be able to have that categories spend budget credited.

Oh and be able to edit scheduled payments in and out of pots :grinning:

8 Likes

This feature has already been suggested. You can vote for it here:

NB: looks like you created the topic I linked too @simon_w.

1 Like

I’ve reunited the twin requests that were unfairly separated at birth. :hugs:

3 Likes

Glad this has already been suggested. I would really like this feature!

Really want this, seems such an obvious need when it comes to paying house bills with a partner.

1 Like

We often use our joint account to make a purchase and then we’ll decide later on that we want to split it between us (instead of take it out of a pot or savings).

When we try to split the bill, it only shows the other person as a potential payee, depending on who is trying to do the split. If I try, I can’t add myself. If she tries, she can’t add herself.

To us, our Joint Account is like a third payee, so we think you should be able to have both account holders as available payees when splitting a joint purchase.

To get ahead of some ‘why don’t you just do this’ comments… we like to use our joint account when we’re out together because we always keep a small ‘buffer’ of money in it that is not tucked away in a pot. Personally, we usually both put most or all of our money away in pots.

My wife and I are well seasoned Monzonauts at this stage and we particularly love the new pot-to-pot transfer facility.

@SouthseaOne @AlanDoe

2 Likes

Ah thank you! I did search before I posted but didn’t see it. Obviously didn’t look hard enough.

Merge please!

1 Like

Would really like to see this implemented. It seems like such an obvious feature I am surprised more people haven’t voted.

We often use our joint account to make a purchase and then we’ll decide later on that we want to split it between us (instead of take it out of a pot or savings).

When we try to split the bill, it only shows the other person as a potential payee, depending on who is trying to do the split. If I try, I can’t add myself. If she tries, she can’t add herself.

To us, our Joint Account is like a third payee, so we think you should be able to have both account holders as available payees when splitting a joint purchase.

To get ahead of some ‘why don’t you just do this’ comments… we like to use our joint account when we’re out together because we always keep a small ‘buffer’ of money in it that is not tucked away in a pot. Personally, we usually both put most or all of our money away in pots.

My wife and I are well seasoned Monzonauts at this stage and we particularly love the new pot-to-pot transfer facility.