Snoop App (New Open Banking Aggregator)

So, everyone else who signed up is in a queue but someone (who’s first post it is here, hi @Mojack, welcome!) gets bumped up the list.

Your app may be the best thing since sliced bread, but your customer service is ALREADY poor.

Yours, in the huff, G

4 Likes

To be fair - we don’t know what @AntonyS is going to say to @Mojack [welcome]. R-

2 Likes

Ha, true. But I think do… :wink:

P.S. Not actually in the huff.

Hi @gmclean

We’ll be rolling out Snoop to everyone on our early access list in early 2020 – we haven’t started that just yet.

Our App Beta will very much be a Beta, we’re looking for people who will actively test the app and send us feedback - especially in the early stages - to help us get it ready for launch.

We’re also hoping to have a broad spectrum of users in the beta, who use different banks and have different phones. So for example, if we haven’t got anyone with a Pixel 4 in our Beta Test group, we would want to try and get them in earlier so the experience is brilliant for everyone that follows. Or likewise if we’ve noticed something interesting happening via the Open Banking APIs for a particular bank, we’d want to add more people who use that bank. We think that will allow us to offer the best service when we come to launch properly – as Snoop will need to work brilliantly for all Phones and all Banks before we scale up.

Being open and transparent is very important to us, my Message to @Mojack was simply to ask for their email address, so I can find them on the early access list and see what details we already have for them, and to pop a flag against the entry that they’re keen to help. More than happy to do the same for you too!

Thanks for your feedback – it’s always really helpful to hear how people feel about what we’re doing and how we’re approaching things.

Antony - Snoop

3 Likes

Wonder if anyone from Monzo is reading…

Cheers for the response AntonyS, whilst my post was tongue-in-cheek (honest!) your openness is heartening!

1 Like

Anyone get access? Is it good? I am in the waiting for months in the queue…

I’ve got access. Still finding my way round the app. So far I have had some useful “snoops” which are insights into your spending activity.

2 Likes

Hi Bruno,

Not got access yet, and remain intrigued!

Just signed up, intriguing so what to see what it can do :slight_smile:

I think they have just started a phased rollout. I got an e-mail about a week ago to say I should be getting access within the next two weeks. R-

1 Like

Just got another e-mail from Snoop. First 750 have access [not me :flushed:] with rollout to another 1000 in the next two weeks. :crossed_fingers:

R-

Just got access today.

Looks very interesting.
Had some tethering issues whilst adding accounts. (New update next week is supposed to let us remove accounts, if we have problems)
The suggestions thus far revolve around recommendations of using various apps to benefits from points or rewards in relation to my card usage. Had one for example about Greggs which reminded me I could get a free drink after my 6 visits or so.
Hope I manage to steer these suggestions and recommendations towards smart savings or such.
Still early days and the team is very responsive on both forums and emails.

4 Likes

Got the email today, just waiting on the TestFlight link.

My usage is pretty static, so be interesting to see what it can pick up on.

2 Likes

Yep got mine too, same as you waiting for the Testflight email to come through!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Michael, great to hear you’ve got the app on your phone and connected.

We are a beta still, and we’re busy adding more features. Our next app update is due next week and you can see here what’s on our current roadmap: https://future.snoop.app/.

We are definitely working to develop smarter and smarter insights as I hope you can see from the above. Account removal is coming very soon. Please keep in touch with us on email or via Snoop Space as it’s super helpful to shape what we’re doing.

Antony - Snoop

2 Likes

Looks good but how do Snoop plan on balancing out their gender demographics? 17% female is appalling, really (according to their ‘team’ page on the website).

Would love to get in and test the app regardless.

Hi @sausageroll101 we think that’s a really fair question. We recognise that to be able to achieve our ambition of helping everyone, we need a team that’s representative of the UK as a whole.

Given that we’ve got a massive focus on all dimensions of diversity - including gender - as we grow the team across this year and next. Hope that makes sense.

Antony - Snoop

1 Like

I got my access last week.
So far good impressions and small bugs, which is normal for a beta release…
The snoop team are helping a lot once you raise a ticket by email or in the community, amazing experience!!! After your on board you will see it!
Hope the ideas I sent for new snoops will be implemented and help more people, looking forward to see it.

1 Like

Got access all okay today! Sign up process was easy and some of the information it has given me has been interesting!

2 Likes

I really like this app. Actually useful to keep track of things and very consumer focused. Can’t wait to see what is in the works

1 Like