Slow support responses

We’ll have the estimated wait time in the app soon enough as well :+1:

10 Likes

Pleased to hear the improvements to chat are coming quick!

1 Like

I’d probably not want to wait more than 90 minutes for a regular chat - If there’s the option for an urgent chat there. It did worry me quite a bit that you reportedly seemed to be experimenting with removing the urgent option at a time of heightened need. If it goes, then i think you probably need to be looking at all responses within 30 minutes.

3 Likes

I reckon 2 hours is just about enough. No more then 20 mins for anything really urgent though

4 Likes

Is it first come first served, or do you use some sort of triaging to flag particular messages you feel are urgent so that they are dealt with more quickly?

1 Like

I think this could be related to a bug we had a little while back.

If anyone started a chat from a joint account the urgent toggle wasn’t there, this is fixed now thankfully.

We haven’t actually experimented with the urgent toggle since the initial experiment to see if we wanted to implement it. Not to say we won’t in the future, but nothing at the moment :blush:

5 Likes

First come first served, but at the moment we do “sweep” the queues for things we think needs a quicker response than our current wait times :+1:

4 Likes

Could you provide any insight as to why it wouldn’t be implemented? Unless it was being misused, I would imagine this is a great feature for support?

Great question. Yes the main concern was misuse if I remember correctly. If too many people use the urgent toggle, then it becomes less of an exception and more of the norm :blush:

2 Likes

I can see that. To avoid a ‘cry wolf’ scenario I suppose you would just run a simple scan over incoming messages looking for keywords and then prioritise them based on that?

Definitely. We’ve tried a couple of different ways in the past, some manual, some automatic, but then sometimes it just comes back to “Let’s ask people”. The urgent toggle is an extension of that really :blush:

1 Like

Really reassuring to hear, thank you! :blush:

(I actually think some experiments might be useful here in the future - but it seemed that it would have been mean to take it away when there was a queue! Glad that wasn’t the case. :muscle: :monzo: )

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen some folk who seem to use it as their personal VIP switch - which I thought was patently unfair (and a bit entitled on their part). Really glad that most folk seem to be using it in the spirit intended!

It’s sad that it would be misused like that. It’s definitely a ‘abuse it and lose it’ kind of thing. I suppose we have ran with the mantra that the ‘customer is always right’ which did nothing but lead to entitled customers!

2 Likes

I’m curious if the latest round of crowd funding/ any crowd funding has led to the 'I’m a shareholder, so answer my query" kind of issues?

When the cops are swamped there is a warning saying the wait times may be long, it would be good if there was an indication of how long.

Either based on the average time to respond or your place in a queue? I don’t know how difficult it would be extract these metrics from the cops message queueing system and add them to the app, but it’d be valuable to have.

2 Likes

Hey @Vendittelli, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your post here as there’s already been some discussion of this idea.

In fact, Monzo had this to say recently:

:raised_hands:

5 Likes

Thanks! I think your lucky post must’ve worked :eyes:

Hey @liamh ,

Just curious if you’ve seen an increase in the number of people attempting contact Monzo via phone since the in app times have increased?

I understand the call and the gang team are quite small so if it has gone up it must put a lot of pressure on them! Especially if in app chat is the preferred and primary method of contact.

4 Likes
4 Likes