Skydiving ✈🪂

Awww no! Fingers crossed for next time

1 Like

Happy birthday :partying_face:

That sucks though :cry:

1 Like

:raising_hand_man:t2: I took up skydiving at university and still jump to this day - have done around 700 or so jumps. Feel free to fire over any questions!

You generally get one of two reactions from first-time tandem skydivers…

1. That was incredible, can we do it again?!
  2. That was incredible, but I never want to do it again!

And probably 70/30 the former to be fair. Either way, you’re in for some fun! :sunglasses:

Where are you doing it? Let us know how you get on!

Edit: Just spotted the note about the weather! Doh! Such is UK weather sadly, you’ll get there eventually!

1 Like

Was supposed to be doing it in Honiton :grin:

Nice, good choice! Did you rebook for another day?

I’m yet to do that :see_no_evil: but will take a proper look for dates soon :ok_hand:

I just did the skydive :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

That was immense! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::airplane: I’d definitely do that again :ok_hand:

Upgraded to 15,000 ft in the end (little birthday deal :innocent:)

14 Likes

Congrats! :parachute: :+1:

1 Like

If others are thinking of doing this, I’d say if you have plans to travel outside the UK any time soon I strongly suggest you consider doing it there instead. The TIs have the same level of training as BPA TIs and are usually much much friendlier (far too many here are ex-Army types), there’s much less faff waiting (without even taking the weather into account) and it’s usually cheaper too.

In the UK, the amount of people who have to take several days off (some DZs make you come in even if the forecast is terrible) and pay for transport multiple times before getting to do a jump is silly. Most places in other countries you can walk in and be in the air in 30 mins.

1 Like

Everyone always says they’d do it again…

Well, are you? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes :wink: Same time again next year :grin:

Just do your AFF and be done with it!

Money is overrated.

1 Like