Sky Glass and Sky Stream

3 sizes and 5 colours. Near the bottom of the page I linked to.

Not sure what the size bit is when they only list 2 dimensions :thinking:

Do you have to buy a crap TV and the use their dongle for another TV? Have they not heard of Apps?

1 Like

Yeah the from prices just currently hide what you’d be paying. The TV part is quite clear, it’s the TV package pricing that’s not all that clear.

That’s what I saw, 43" in the text and the s m l icons, but I couldn’t get the latest icons to show me any different sizes as clicking on them did bigger all for me.

2 Likes

I just Googled it and other places are reporting:

The TV comes in 43, 55 and 65-inch sizes.

Oh wow, just seen it on the page in the packages section. Seems pricy without reading the TV specs…

2 Likes

As someone who has managed without a TV for a couple of years, I’m quite tempted by this. The aerials are in really inconvenient places in my house and I’ve never been bothered to move them, so a TV without loads of wires and extra boxes, connected to WiFi, is quite appealing. Seems like it might have pretty good sound as well.

I guess it also depends on what happens if you decide ultimately to stop paying for the Sky packages, does the TV still function at all?

That’s a good point!

The terms and conditions state that at the end of the contract you own the device which normally you return. So on that basis I’d say it should just become a normal TV

But you don’t need this to run a TV off wifi. We already do that with a standard TV and an Amazon fire stick.

1 Like

You can plug a HDMI source - and even a traditional coax aerial - into it, so it’ll work as a normal telly with the right external source. Here’s the rather simplistic set-up guide: https://static.skyassets.com/contentstack/assets/blt6ad643cb882b523f/blt28bd67d08ba3b47d/set_up_guide.pdf?access_token=cs8bfe3707026a092a3e47d64c&environment=preview

1 Like

Ah good spot, thanks.

I wonder who actually makes the TV…

1 Like

So it’s £816 for a TV that looks like it’s worth about £816 plus you are tied into sky ultimate at an additional £26 / month?

Struggling to see the appeal of this, even if I wanted sky (I don’t) and I needed to buy a new TV (I don’t need that either) I’d prefer to buy an OLED TV and get the sky package I need separately

4 Likes

It’s a little power-hungry - 65" version:

but I haven’t been able to find out the actual manufacturer yet. Seems like Sky is keeping this quite hidden so far.

2 Likes

Looks like the sky is on a rolling 1 month contract

Can you not already get Sky via dongle stick that plugs into any TV?

If so why restrict yourself to those screens?

1 Like

Nope. It’s all satellite and requires an engineer to install. Whereas this is plug and play.

Now TV is basically sky though a dongle

3 Likes

I think only Samsung and Hisense make QLED TVs so I’m guessing one of those

1 Like

Uh well that’s a bit meh. So you are being tied into a screen with it inside.

Can you get all the sky you get via dish?

Yep they’re a bit behind on this hence the move into this “new technology”.

Dishes are susceptible to weather conditions, wear and tare plus so many people can’t get one due to laws on having dishes on the side of your house in fancy areas or if you’re in an apartment complex for example.

1 Like