Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

No, selecting a payment defines the time period. Nothing more.

Thank you. Is that the same if an incoming payment is recognised as ā€œSalaryā€? I.e, we always have to set the total spend amount regardless of whether our salary is paid in?

If you set a budget, all he figures are in your control. If you donā€™t it runs off the value of the money in the account.

Got it, thank you.

19 posts were split to a new topic: Removed posts 28/12

Hi everyone,

This thread is getting off track. Itā€™s designed to be a place where people can ask questions, and the most recent question has been resolved. Please letā€™s leave that as it is so this thread can continue to be useful to those who need it!

Thanks.

Edit: a note to say that Iā€™ve removed several posts above.

9 Likes

Hi,
So, what I understand is that we should just let the Banks keep on charging those fees when legally speaking and humanely speaking those can be avoided and it wonā€™t cost them an arm and a leg. As I understand Monzo is an Independent Bank and also it is a Bank for the People, so, why canā€™t Monzo intervene either through a Public Inquiry, Televevised Debate or any PR tactics so to help those at the bottom of the ladder which is always mostly the case. I understand there are Laws and Regulations but when Injustice and Deceit is committed especially towards Customers who with their money is running the Business and paying for the staffā€™s wages. I may be wrong because I am not an Economist, Accointant nor do I work in any Financial Institutions and so I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. I thank you in advance for your time and understanding. Happy New Year 2019.

kind Regards,

Antoine Cyril Englebright.

Hi there,

I like the idea of the savings pots and it being locked but i prefer a bit more of a protected option of not having access to these funds rather than just being able to contact customer services or closing the pot to get my funds back next day, i have a 30 day notice account with Aldermore and a 14 day notice account with Securetrustbank but both of these i am unable to send funds to or receive money back is this being worked on at all? will the savings pots potentially have these features in the future, if they did i would happily move all my savings to this

They are planning more savings integrations in the future so this could well happen

1 Like

Hi very new to monzo. Iā€™ve got this card as someone suggested it in a group for travel abroad. How does it work for charges etc for paying for things? Used a pre travel card and was charged Ā£13 for two transactions when I was in Prague.
Thanks

Welcome! :smiley:

You donā€™t get charged to use the card in transactions abroad. There is a fee for withdrawing > Ā£200 in a 30 day period: https://monzo.com/blog/2018/01/04/atm-fees-january/

Other than that, use it abroad as you wish ā€“ no hidden fees.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™d like to track where my Monzo card is. I ordered it around 2 nights. Iā€™d just like to ask if you could track where it is? That would be of great help! Thank you!

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s with you tomorrow. If you donā€™t have it by Monday night then send inapp chat a message so Monzo can check and re-order if needed

whereā€™s inapp? sorry. pretty new with these things.

No problem! Itā€™s help tab and then at the bottom - chat with us link

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed using the app the security is only protected by my fingerprint, is there any additional security I can use to prevent unauthorised access? I know I could log out & simply login as and when I need to use the app, but I guess I wouldnā€™t get any notifications.
My main banks Halifax app I have to confirm three digits from my security password. It also times out after XX amount of time. Mondoā€™s app doesnā€™t seem to do that ā€¦or am I missing something here?
At the moment I have the app locked by my phoneā€™s app locked via pattern unlock (as well as my fingerprint.

Hi
Is Monzo working on a account login page for its website? If so is it going to be two factor authenticated?
thanks

Hi
Newbie againā€¦i do have another questionā€¦:grimacing:
Obviously being a digital bank the main wall of contention is that there is only this forum a email address, phone number and chat for communicationā€¦obviously its hard for people including myself to potentially switch my main account over to Monzo as there is no physical entity that i can interact with you on should there be a issue with my account or touch wood you dont but have a application failure where my account cant be accessed.
Im a newbie to the monzo account and love it - instant notifications on transactions - savings pot - round up for savings. The above is my only issueā€¦obviously your backed by the FSCS but in the real world is only some piece of paperā€¦
I suppose my question is - is it worth posting on your website a little more on how to access yourselves or a protocol in case of a emergencyā€¦ and how in relation to the FSCS do they know what money is in your bank account at any point in time in order to refund itā€¦

Sorry for the ramblingā€¦and the depthā€¦ :slight_smile:

Newbie again - promise last post for nowā€¦ :laughing:

Definitely think that joint savings pots only (no joint current account) are a good step forward as couples these days tend to keep seperate finances but want a joint savings account to do savings.

dont know if this is already in progressā€¦

Donā€™t believe thereā€™s any plans to. This has been discussed at length on here will try and find relevant thread!