Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

is there a secondary way to add a logo for a merchant?

I enjoy having logos in the transactions, i think visually and recognise the logos without needing to read the name.
I’ve submitted quite a few, but its limited to those with twitter accounts and i love to submit alternatives, as most at least have facebook or insta if not twitter.

1 Like

You can submit the link to the image in whatever format you like.

It used to be Twitter only but this changed quite recently - unfortunately Monzo haven’t had chance to update the text.

thanks, i didnt realise i’ll try it out now

1 Like

It’s really unfortunate that small changes like this aren’t made. It’d make the product feel more finished and increase trust in the copy you read in the app.

5 Likes

hi. i mainly bank in the UK. Are there are fees or limitations associated with atm cash withdrawal in the UK. I could see that overseas ATM cash withdrawals do have some restrictions.

1 Like

No fees. But there are limits.

ÂŁ400 per 24 hours, ÂŁ5,500 per 30 days.

1 Like

I have a question, I know that right now Monzo is only available for residents in UK, however the app is available to download here in Portugal where I live, is it possible to register and use the account using my Portuguese residence address?

Sorry, no. Has to be UK address.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how do people get the ‘Crowdfunding Investor’ signage next to their name?

It means that they have invested in one of the Crowdfunding campaigns. The forum title was a small perk of of buying at least one share in Monzo. Investors also get an in app title and a unique investor Monzo card.

There might be another chance to invest in a crowd fund in the future or there might not be another chance unfortunately.

More info on the last crowd funding here: https://monzo.com/blog/2018/12/05/crowdfunding-closes/

If you’ve invested and it isn’t showing on your account, pm @simonb and he will arrange this for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi cookywook :slight_smile:
Well, I’ve just signed-up to monzo, looks very good, and basically I’m looking to know when business bank accts will be available, which is my main interest. Trying to open a sole trading account with mainstream banks is getting more and more silly imho, so hope monzo can help me :wink:

1 Like

Business accounts are in a limited private test phase at the moment. I think that Monzo ultimately wants to provide accounts for as many businesses as possible, so watch this space!

(Actually, this is the space to watch / comment in - lots of useful information and discussion there: Help us understand what features you'd like to see in a Monzo business account!)

1 Like

Sounds good :slight_smile: Is it possible to open a business account now though?

At the moment, no. The Business accounts are only open to a round 100 users, hopefully it will open up for more users soon!

Hi, Can I change the name of the budgets? We have different monthly budgets than the pre set ones.

The category names? No, not yet at least. But there are rumours that may change in the future.

Hi Jack/Nick,

We put our name down for the trial but weren’t selected. When you roll business accounts out we are definitely interested so please keep me in the loop. Our company is Blackbox av Ltd. We turn over about a million a year, established for 10 years.

Using XE a lot for overseas payments, SagePay for our web shop. Check out our shop at www.interpretationshop.co.uk and www.blackboxav.co.uk for information about how people use our products. I think you’ll find what we do newsworthy if we get on board.

I’ve been a personal customer since the prepayment days having been introduced by my 3 children who are all Monzo clients as is my wife now.

Best wishes

Jonathan

1 Like

Welcome :wave:

You might want to give Monzo your feedback on what features you’d like to see in a business account here :slight_smile: