Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

You could always open a Starling account just to use for free foreign ATM withdrawals. A few people do that

2 Likes

I withdrew Ā£30 cash on the 27th of May and only needed to get more yesterday (23rd August: so about Ā£10 a month cash spend!) and thatā€™s because I needed to get taxis (round here, thereā€™s no Uber/Lyft and cabs here still donā€™t take cards - their ā€˜appā€™ does, but it doesnā€™t workā€¦).

1 Like

Hi there, can you tell me if Business Accounts (or at least the ability to have a second personal account to call Business) are being considered and when they might be available? I have gone full Monzo for personal and joint accounts but my personal account is virtually useless without being able to transfer across my business account which has all the cash in it! Starling already offer this but I do want to stick with Monzo so please give me some hopeā€¦?!

1 Like

I donā€™t recall them ever mentioning a business account in their future plans unfortunately. No harm in requesting it though. I suppose you could just use your personal account and tag all your business transactions to keep them separate? I guess it depends what you need from a business account.

1 Like

Hi, do you have the ability to have 2 cards on one app. I would love to get my step daughter a Monzo now you can have them for 16 year olds but I want to be able to monitor her spending so I would want the app not her but I have my own Monzo card obviously :grinning:

Iā€™m afraid not. :confused:

There was some chat about alternatives in this thread though.

1 Like

If I can make payments abroad in Canadian dollars, can I pay a Canadian dollar cheque into my account?

1 Like

I donā€™t think that just because you can make payments in other currencies that you will necessary be able to deposit foreign cheques.

That said, I donā€™t know! Other UK banks allow you to do so, albeit with varying levels of delays and fees.

Edit: looks like thereā€™s a help article on this actually!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! So Iā€™m probably being really dense, Iā€™ve practiced long and hard to perfect my blank expression! :neutral_face:

I want to switch my current account to Monzo, so I downloaded the App and followed the instructions to set up an account with all my bank details to hand. However, although I did all the ID malarkey, I was not asked to provide any ā€˜switchā€™ details and was just informed that my card would soon be on its way. Thatā€™s great, but I wonā€™t have any money in there to use the card. When and how do I switch? Have I signed up to the wrong thing? Or in the wrong way? Or should I just be patient and all will become clear when I log back in to say card received?

It also skipped past the fingerprint ID before I had chance to do it - will I be able to find that option again?

Are you sure thereā€™s no such thing as a stupid question? :grimacing:

1 Like

When you activate your card your account is ready to go. You can transfer money in from another account, set up a standing order or in app you can start a switch

You can add fingerprint ID anytime in the app :+1: On iPhone itā€™s account tab> settings
There you can choose Touch ID to unlock the app or just if you want to move money out of the account

1 Like

Thank you very much :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi,
I would like to link my Monzo account with my Xero account so I can track and reconcile my business expenses, is that possible?
Thanks
Andy

Hi, are there any known issues with using the app on a Samsung Galaxy A6 running Android 8.0.0 ?
Iā€™m trying to verify myself but when I try the video, the app keeps stopping. Have tried to restart the phone, reinstalled the app. Any ideas ? Mark

Hi there,

I am new to Monzo, still waiting for my card. Just wanted to ask a few questions I had in mind:
What are the limits of withdrawal of cash from a cash machine in UK?
What are the limits of withdrawal of cash from a cash machine in other countries (outside europe) ?
By default is the overdraft feature switched off? (as I donā€™t wish to use this)
What are the charges of using my card (outside Europe) ?

Look forward to someone assisting me with these questions.

Thank You.

Ā£400 per day ATM withdrawal up to Ā£5,500 per month. Free in the U.K and the first Ā£200 is free outside the U.K. in any 30 day rolling period. After that itā€™s a 3% charge.

You only get an overdraft if you apply for one

3 Likes

thought it was 3%? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it is.

1 Like

Sorry, fat fingers. Corrected :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m not a customer of Monzo, but I would like to know why a new Monzo card has been sent to my address but in the name of someone who has never lived here. Iā€™m pretty sure this must be fraudulent, but I canā€™t find any email address on your website for someone to report this to. Iā€™d be grateful if you could put me in touch with the right department, as Iā€™m concerned that someone has been using my address to open an account with you, which they have no right to do. Thanks for your help, Adam

Hey Adam, you should email help@monzo.com

2 Likes