SIM only deal?

I’ve never got the signal complaints with three until I travelled into London for a day.
It’s rural coverage is great but it’s urban coverage is meh.
Could be worse Vodafone in my area is lucky to get GPRS and at their prices it’s a joke.

Yes but I think id doesn’t support redmi phones

My Grandad uses a Xiaomi Redmi phone on 3 so it should work on ID.

Saying that he only calls people with it and its on pay as you go so no clue about data.

I live in London and find it’s usually OK for streaming in most places, but I usually switch to 3G in touristy areas, which seems to help. With Three, the 4G and 3G speeds are pretty much identical a lot of the time.

I don’t think Vodafone can be beaten.

£36 for unlimited data, inclusive roaming in 77 countries including the USA, and Spotify. Buy from Fonehouse and after cashback it’s £19 a month.

I’ve got 100GB data for £20 a month from O2 on an 18 month sim only contract. Can upgrade or swap after 3 months though and it has free roaming abroad so I’m more than happy with this deal.

I was in parlament square and around it most the day. (First time I went to london in my life and i’m 18 oh and the second time i’ve ever been to a city)
4g but the speed was just like worse than it is in the middle of nowhere where I live.

Worked fine for running maps on my phone for the drive there and back and paying the congestion charge. (still cheaper to drive there than take the train even after all of londons massive amount of anti car bullsh*t)

Take a look at SMARTY (on Three), they have some really good deals which change all he time and they have a rolling 30 day account which can be cancelled at any time in the app so no long term contract, simple and effective.

I pay £18.75 per month for Unlimited Everything. (and your first month is free with a referral code)

Whichever one you pick make sure it’s a 30-day rolling contract. Shit customer service is standard in the mobile industry and when you run into issues it’s much easier to just leave and go somewhere else, which you can’t do if you’re locked into a contract.

1 Like

If shit customer service is standard then why pay more per month for a monthly rolling contract? Then when you run into issues leave and then again pay more per month for shit customer service.

Because you need a mobile and have no choice? Trust me if it was practical to live without doing business with mobile companies I’d do it in a heartbeat.

But at least with a rolling contract you can say goodbye and go somewhere else instead of paying for something that doesn’t work or if a competitor suddenly launches a feature you want (VoLTE, Apple Watch support, etc).

You do, you can take out a 24 month contract and pay less per month then if you are on a rolling contract. Like everything in life unfortunately you pay extra for flexibility.

My point is that if the service quality degraded in the meantime, or the monkeys screw something up and your service no longer works you have no choice but to bang your head against the wall and hope they actually sort it out.

With a 30-day contract you can say goodbye and go somewhere else.

1 Like

If Three have signal in your area then they are an excellent choice. Plus if you get a discounted plan your price doesn’t jump up at the end of the contract like every other provider…

I’ve had no issue being released from the contract when there’s been signal issues, especially with SIM only. I’ve done it quite a few times because I moved a lot and the providers weren’t great in those places.

On the other hand, my point is which you seem to be ignoring is for the best price a 12/24 month contract is the way to go.

Anyway what makes your point (sort of) moot is the vast majority of people will have issues with reception. All mobile provides give you 14 days to try that out and if it’s really bad where you work or live to leave with no penalty. (Just paying for the calls and data you’ve used.)

I’ve been with three on a sim only unlimited data since 2013. Couldn’t fault them until September last year. I’ve had incorrect bills every month up to £150 and have had to LiveChat them and cancel direct debits every month without fail. Probably just my bad luck but now pretty sure I’m going to move away from them.

2 Likes

How much were you paying a month? I’m not certain you can still be on a 2013 plan because these were all phased out and customers moved to other deals, given the option to cancel. Did you kick up a fuss to keep your old plan?

I switched to VOXI (Virtual Mobile Network using Vodafone, so same coverage), and if you use a lot of data on facebook, whatsapp, snapchat, instagram etc then it is great as social data is unlimited. Aside from that you get 6gb/month for £10 which isn’t too bad.

1 Like

12gb is £10 currently

Three, 12gb ult calls and text £10