SIM only deal?

They’re an MVNO through EE (although they will be moving to Vodafone in a year) but have their own core network which was an absolute dumpster fire back when I tried it in December 2017 with the data side of things collapsing completely during peak hours, and according to the forum posts seems like it has gone on for quite a while and the staff’s responses don’t inspire confidence either. Customer service was a disaster too so I would steer clear.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that as the providers already calculate that customer churn is more likely on monthly rolling SIM only contracts and they price them to suit.

Yeah it’s a leverage of sorts but in reality it doesn’t mean a lot.

Yeah no I don’t mean like it would help much in terms of actually getting decent CS (I personally hate using the threat of leaving as a means of pressure to get things sorted so never tested it to see if it was effective), but at least the door is wide open if you want to go somewhere else rather than keep fighting for their CS. Rinse and repeat when the new carrier screws up.

1 Like
2 Likes

This is good advice. Use it to find a provider with whom your happy. Once you’ve found one, you can switch to a (cheaper) annual contract.

This is what I did before settling on EE which works well for me.

1 Like

Bill monitor wasn’t that clever for me.

That looks like a glitch of some sort. I’ve found BillMonitor to be very useful, before ML started recommended it.

I have switched to Vodafone £20 20gb, cashback via fonehouse £156, reducing the monthly cost to £7, plus an extra £5.05 via topcashback

Thanks I’ll try that bill monitor :smiley:

I’ve had virgin mobile for a number of years and they are pretty good. I pay £10.00 per month for 5000 minutes, unlimited texts and 10 GB of data + 10gb or promotional data and data rollover meaning I get 30gb every month for £10.00., 12 month contract.

When Vodafone take over will probably ditch them.

That’s a good deal for a tenner actually! Was that like a Black Friday deal or something? 10GB probably wouldn’t be enough I love to connect my AirPods and stream music when out and about :headphones:

Had a look at https://zevvle.com/ ?

1 Like

Not black Friday they just do these deals every few months. Any plan taken out on 12 month contract automatically gets data rollover.

Haven’t heard of that, just gonna look now looks interesting thanks for sharing :innocent::ok_hand:

Ah ok I’ll keep my eye out thanks :eyes:

You can get unlimited data for around £5 from Three if you ask.

Zevvle will be alright if you fancy changing providers regularly.

I don’t understand this bit? I’ve been with Zevvle since they started (user #19) and they’re still my provider?

1 Like

From my experience Three in Central London is sometimes not reliable, seems like they just don’t have enough capacity. In my flat I’ve been consistently getting 5Mbps speeds despite a strong 4G signal. Oh and let’s not forget that time where their CS tried to blame mast upgrades in my old postcode (on the other side of the UK) for WiFi calling problems in London (not that location matters at all when it comes to WiFi as long as your broadband is good). :joy:

+1 for Zevvle if you’re happy to pay extra to support a legitimate, no-BS business. Their CS is on Intercom and is manned by the cofounders and their app is the best of any carrier I’ve seen.

3 Likes

What about unlimited calls and texts will they do that as well for £5.00 if I ask?

Yeah they look good all things considered but they are not cheap enough for myself and the amount of data I use would make it really expensive.

2 Likes