Showing dashes when entering 9 digit card code during card activation

I got my Monzo card yesterday, if anyone interested - total time between registration and happily sniffing my new card was just 11 days!

I was very happy with whole onboarding process. Texts are short and meaningful. Funny animations are delightful. I always knew what I’m waiting for or requesting. I even enjoyed a bit thicker navy envelope where my card was put in, felt like premium product.

One tiny thing confused me during whole process and it was entering 9 digit code from the card during activation process. Dashes didn’t appear automatically after entering first 3 digits and I expected them to. For brief 2 seconds I wasn’t sure if I should add them manually or submit the code without dashes. This means I was unsure about success when submitting code from the card.
I submitted code without dashes and it worked fine. But showing dashes automatically after group of 3 digits will eliminate this problem.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Marta, much appreciated!

We’re constantly tweaking the onboarding experience to make it as straightforward and easy as possible so this is a helpful pointer on how we can improve :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to Monzo :tada: