Show us your homescreen

Beautiful icon pack, which one is that? And which widget that shows the quotes?

Good question! Iā€™ll look for icon pack name, I canā€™t for the life of me remember what it was called or where I got it from it was so long ago. Might be in the file properties so I will have a look.

The quotes is from ā€œbrilliant quotesā€ app: good to get some rotating quotes each day.

2 Likes

It looks beautiful. I used to quite heavily customise Android back in the early days of having a G1 and Galaxy S2, as a new platform I was interested in pushing it to itā€™s limits to see what was possible! These days I generally keep quite close to stock, although I do use Nova Launcher and rotate icon packs from time to time.

Should be getting my Pixel 2 XL this weekend so might use it as an opportunity to design a whole new home screen from scratch :grinning:

2 Likes

I think human memory operates best by colour (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some research out there, I remember reading an article about it) so I guess it would work if you had a reasonable amount of apps. Some people have too many and put them in colour coded folders too, but I prefer looking at a full spread like this

I love OHSHC!!

3 Likes

Screenshot_20171128-230930

Just got my Pixel 2 XL!

3 Likes

My 7yo daughter has arranged apps, on her iPad, according to colour. Thatā€™s without anyone giving her the idea.

Congrats :tada::tada:

Iā€™m well jealous - the screen dimensions from the screenshot look :ok_hand:

Will be interested to see how the camera holds up :slight_smile:

Every shot so far has blown me away. We literally took a picture outside in the dark last night and you can see the detail on everything, even though the only light source was a dim yellow streetlight. Itā€™s incredible. Iā€™m headed to California in a couple of weeks so looking forward to getting some amazing photos there.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got an HTC One M9, running Android 7.1.

I didnā€™t upgrade when the upgrade was due last month. I need to cut down on my outgoings! Iā€™m going to try and get another 18 months out of it.

I was using a beta of Microsoft Launcher (for over a year), but left the beta after the latest test version used an awful lot of battery power the other day. Iā€™m using Nova right now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my Pixel 2 XL for a week now and love it, getting 30hrs battery life at the moment which is so much better than what I was getting before!

Screenshot_20171129-084335

2 Likes

30!? whoahhhh thats insane

Yeah I know I was shocked but letā€™s just see how long it lasts!!

I got 19 hours on my Pixel 2 XL yesterday with brightness on full, consistent usage, and with Battery Saver disabled. With a lower brightness, lighter usage and with Battery Saver kicking in at 15%, 30 hours seems reasonable to me.

3 Likes

Impressive - is it stock or did you install additional tweaks/battery saver apps or anything like that? I always remembered Android being worse than iOS in terms of battery life but now Iā€™m jealous (and Apple seems to have dropped the ball given the awful battery life I get on my iPhone 7).

I have screen on about 25% brightness and what really stood out is when battery saving came on it said I had 8hrs battery remaining and wasnā€™t wrong!

I always leave Android completely stock, I always found the ā€œsaverā€ apps used the battery just as much as anything else on the phone.

1 Like

Since getting a wireless charging dock on my desk, I donā€™t care so much about battery life - the phone sits on it when iā€™m not actively using it.

fullsizeoutput_2db

I changed mine for Christmas :christmas_tree: :santa:

image!

The one I posted before was moving most things into folders. But it started bugging me as I was going into them for a single app. So updated the screen today. Everything else on the next page.

Why is your Monzo icon white?

1 Like