Show us your homescreen

I like it cos it links directly into Apple Maps to plan my route, and isn’t iPhone-dependant share my ETA with my friends (a decent proportion of whom are Android). It also requires zero set-up from them - they get a message with a link, can follow my journey and the link then auto expires once I arrive at my destination.

I tend to use Find My Friends to keep track of people if we’re on a night out, and Glympse to let people know I’m en route.

Pixel2XL

Excuse the hasty mockup… but this is what my Pixel 2 XL is looking like at the moment :slight_smile:

I feel like the lines are symbolistic of the rocket :rocket:

2 Likes

Only reason I keep Natwest is for Apple Pay :grimacing:

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-01-03-18-24

Swipe up for Monzo. :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20180301-102915

So cold my screen has frozen!

3 Likes

Screenshot_20180301-103636

Send help it’s getting worse!

2 Likes

Ooooh, that’s pretty!! I like. :blush:

I’ve dipped my toe into Android and picked up a Pixel 2 XL. Haven’t moved over from the iPhone X fully so I’m dual-wielding for now. Not sure which way I’ll go yet! Screenshot_20180425-102542

3 Likes

Locked and unlocked, I like minimal, but LOVE this world map of Dark Souls lol

Screenshot_20180425-123419 Screenshot_20180425-123431

2 Likes

Here is my screenshot Screenshot_20180425-130833

3 Likes

I’d be interested in your thoughts when you’ve had time to compare. I’m contemplating switching from iPhone 6 to Pixel 2

1 Like

I’ll update when I’ve had some more time with it! My initial thoughts are;

• Pixel 2 camera seems better than the iPhone X camera for the most part, but it seems quite contrast heavy.
  • The way Android handles notifications is so much better than the way iOS handles notifications it’s almost funny.
  • Not sure if this is Pixel 2 specific, but scrolling on the iPhone is so much more responsive and nice to use than on the Pixel.
  • I hadn’t realised how much I enjoy using Face ID for certain actions.
5 Likes

Not sure if this is Pixel 2 specific, but scrolling on the iPhone is so much more responsive and nice to use than on the Pixel.

If even the Pixel can’t manage smooth scrolling then it’s really worrying. I always noticed Android’s scrolling being a bit meh but I’ve always blamed it on low-end devices and manufacturer-specific bloatware. Seeing the issue even on Google’s reference design is quite disappointing.

For what it’s worth, it could just be because I’m very used to how iOS handles scrolling and general touch response, so the difference might feel bigger to me than it actually is!

I’d recommend going into Developer Options and changing all animation speeds to 0.5x from 1x.

1 Like

That definitely speeds things up!

1 Like

I think a big issue for me would be losing iMessage.

1 Like

IMG_6E1F5FB75DB0-1

Here’s mine! All on one screen and a photo from Westminster Bridge I took on a trip to London :smiley:

1 Like

Where did you get that wallpaper from? Love it. :slight_smile: