Should pot roundups refund on refunds?

I have roundups on for purchases, as was just curious as to whether it should work the other way on a refund.

Nope :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I mean it’s at most 99p moved over to your pot. You could shove it back easily if you wanted to. I don’t think it’s a big deal personally.

4 Likes

How would Monzo know if it was a refund? and how would it match it to the original transaction? Even more so if it is a partial refund / 1 item out of a bunch.

I probably should have precised that question with I was genuinely just curious :rofl:
@ordog that’s very true. But then that leads onto a another questions the ability to tag incoming payments as income or otherwise

I think Monzo can, theoretically, match a refund to the original transaction if the refund is due to the merchant not taking the payment (ie: any refunded transaction which remains as “pending”).

Admittedly, this wouldn’t work for other types of refunds.

It rather goes against the spirit of saving to a pot if money gets pulled back out automatically.

If anything, I’d rather it rounds up the refund, too!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.