Share your money-saving tips!

But I need my 12 piece boneless box for lunch from KFC!

2 Likes

I recently got a nespresso machine to drastically cut on takeaway coffee!

The monthly sub with ‘pods credit’?

Who gives a crap!!!

In all seriousness though and following through from my previous message a little further up the page, I’ve just recently tried out this new toilet paper which is pretty good, you can check out YouTube for reviews, however over and above the fact that I’d does what it’s suppose to it’s also pretty cheap and to top it off it’s a company with proper green goals of saving the world or at least helping achieve the goal of getting everyone access to a toilet.

So why not try out this toilet paper for yourself and use my link below to get £5 discount (I also get £5 discount from my next order).

Happy wiping guys. :slight_smile:
Who gives a crap!!!

1 Like

I tried that a couple of years ago… Now my morning routine is an espresso at home, then a coffee on my way to work.

Dang.

1 Like

I used to spend £2.40 3-4 times a week on coffee the Costa in my local train station.
Only 6 months ago I discovered that Pret do a filter coffee for 99p — 49p if you have your own cup, which I do.

Now my morning coffee costs me roughly the price of ONE at Costa.

I recently saved £12 pm on virgin broadband. We had an outage, and I read that they were putting their prices up AGAIN, so I used that to get though to retention’s mid contract and said I would leave (if they put prices up, you can leave penalty free).

The guy offered me the discount immediately. So I was paying £36 and am now paying £24.

When my contract nears it end, I shall call up and renegotiate before they start charging me £40 for what I’m getting now.

Other things I do:

I take my own cup to pret for a coffee for 49p. Good for the environment and my pocket.

Make my own lunches for work.

Sweet talk baristas for free stamps at cafe Nero. Use my own cup and get two stamps instead of one.

Dont buy bottled water and use tap.

Waitrose coffee is free with any purchase, even a 13p banana.

If I remember more, I’ll add them later

2 Likes

should’ve put the word ‘coffee’ in inverted commas :joy:

2 Likes

One up on that, make a little bit more of your dinner the night before, refrigerate and reheat the next day for lunch.

1 Like

Yep, this is what I generally do. Sick of sandwiches!

I can get four at my local Wetherspoons. Outside of London though, must admit :grin:

I’ve always found Virgin a nightmare to negotiate with. My broadband is going up to £45 (up from £42) for the 350Mb package. I rang up to cancel and they did give me a credit to cover the year so that I’d still be paying £42.

Which package are you on for the £24?

Sam Smith’s in Manchester City Centre is ace. Oyster Bar. Something like £2.30 a pint.

Big fan of the Oyster bar!

1 Like

50 meg broadband only. The thing with virgin is that they know I will leave. I’ve done it before and if I see a better deal with someone else, I’ll leave again. I don’t have any loyalty to any brand or service. If I can get the same somewhere else, for cheaper but not compromising service, I’m gone!

3 Likes

I moved away from Virgin last year after wanting to charge me ~£40 for broadband and basic TV. I spoke to a couple of people there and that was the best they could do, they wouldn’t even let me have the V6 box unless I upgraded the TV to a bigger package or pay £50 one-off charge. It seems to me that customer retention means nothing to broadband companies

2 Likes

I’ve been with them for just over a year now. Fibre speeds elsewhere are still a little on the slower side at the moment which is why we kinda need to rely on Virgin for their speeds.

1 Like

Waitrose use the same machine as Mcdonalds. So if you’re getting the same basic Latte or Americano from either it’s exactly the same thing. Except the Waitrose one can be basically free. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I have my year with Virgin coming up soon where the price goes up, and I’d rather not have to switch to regular Fibre (probably slower and I’d have to move my router and cables!) but I don’t want to pay their full price haha

1 Like

But who buys coffee from MacDonalds?

1 Like