Selling shares in Monzo from crowdfunding round?

having spoken to Crowdcube I got this email back from them

"Hello Ian,

This is the agreed response from both our legal team and Monzo:

The transfer of shares in Monzo Bank Limited is governed by Monzo’s Articles.
Under Monzo’s Articles, Crowdcube investors may transfer their beneficial interest to a ‘Permitted Transferee’.
‘Permitted Transferee’ is defined in the Monzo’s Articles as:
(i) a spouse, civil partner, child or grandchild (including a step or adopted or illiegitimate child and their issue);
(ii) the trustees of a transferor’s family trust; or
(iii) a company in which the transferor (or their trustees) hold all of the shares.
Outside of transfers to a Permitted Transferee, the board may consent to transfers in exceptional circumstances only (for example if required under a contract of employment).
All transfer requests by Crowdcube investors should be emailed to nominee@crowdcube.com

Kind regards

Hannah Rowe

Community Executive"

which contradicts somewhat Monzos latest articles of association. - Im not interested in selling I was more interested in the process of selling when Im ready to sell - Hannah also said having spoken to Monzo , they were insistant on a 100% sale rather than a shareholder splitting a share holding - i.e. selling a portion of their shareholding - all a bit confusing really , the articles of association I posted earlier don’t seem to agree with Crowdcubes/ Monzos legal teams understanding of the articles - which articles are the ones that crowd cube investors signed up to ? , maybe somebody at Monzo could confirm which articles of association are applicable ??? @Naji ???

1 Like