See your Year in Monzo! [2018]

This was great, I would love to see breakdowns more often maybe in my monthly summary too, I clearly buy too much stuff from Amazon.

Hmm, Iā€™ve got 12 separate screens to scroll through. How long have you been using Monzo? Just wondering if you have enough info for it to generate from.

Iā€™ve got 5 screens (times card used, friends on Monzo, payments sent, payment received, card spending graph). The 6th screen is simply the ā€œshareā€ screen but without any graphic or way of sharing without screenshotting.

Thatā€™s the only thing I was thinking of too ā€” Iā€™ve been on Monzo since August, so perhaps not long enough for a full yearly review?

Like having your very own limo party!

2 Likes

a26c6e4afc8829f982975fb46400a9c4006db005758778ffc774c3ee044d7eca

ā€¦ Maybe I should get a Sparks card!? :rofl:

5 Likes

I donā€™t think it would have quite the same novelty if all of us received the same message that we spent most of our money on bills.

2 Likes

IMG_4555

Feeling all nostalgic after seeing mine. I distinctly remember the feeling I got after looking at my first monthā€™s summary in Monzo and realising how much money I was wasting buying breakfast and lunch in the canteen :joy:

No ill feelings about the many pints bought after work at The Sheephaven Bay though :beer::four_leaf_clover:

My Top 4 of 5 ā€œEating Outā€ places are the coffee shops I visit daily on my way to work, or near my houseā€¦

And entertainment has the pubs closest to home and workā€¦ Clearly I need to venture out more!

2 Likes

Considering that Monzo want their users to go FULL Monzo like I did in 2017 why is this report only showing card transactions as itā€™s ignoring all my Bills and DDā€™s which is 80% of the transactions on my account.

So this report is a bit useless for me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought from the start that Monzo needs to separate out types of spending more effectively. Direct debits and debit cards do very different things, but the transactions are all in thy same feed anyway.

Stats by transaction type then category/subcategory would be nice. By payee would also be useful for me

More or less spam for some. Looks like you get the email, even if you donā€™t have enough data

IMG_20190108_201504

1 Like

Really nice in a lot of ways, a great feature. Increased my temptation to go full Monzo.

I agree with some other points made:

For me, ranking on total spend rather than number of transactions would provide better insight.

Payments sent/received doesnā€™t make sense as it should include all payments.

Having this monthly would be great too, and yes please for in Joint Accounts.

And some other thoughts:

Personalised categories would make this immensely powerful.

Info of Pots would be good/encouraging, e.g. targets reached.

Really great start to this.

Looking at all the year in Monzo posts on twitter thereā€™s a small fortune to be made teaching people how to cook rather than eating out all the time

8 Likes

90% of mine was from the burger van at my old jobā€¦ OOPS.

3 Likes

After chatting this through with COps, it appears that even when committed spending is categorised it wonā€™t show as anything other than commmitted spending. So wonā€™t show in summary and therefore wouldnā€™t show in the ā€˜Year in Monzoā€™.

Itā€™s a little disappointing as most of my spending is ā€˜committedā€™ and that skews the report

2 Likes

I donā€™t think I used moon pig more than twice all year? The pub being the main expenditure- apart from paying the Amex.

I wonder if itā€™s just a random shop? All the other sentences have ā€œmostlyā€ but that shopping one just states that you shopped there, which you did.

1 Like

Perhaps if theyā€™re not going to do a credit card, they could offer this analysis on other credit cards. As Iā€™ve said before, itā€™s great analysis, but itā€™s not worth losing your air miles for.

1 Like

Agreed. The benefits of my American Express - air miles mostly, but also purchase protection, emergency assistance and travel insurance - for no cost arenā€™t worth the analysis Monzo give.

Frequency renders most of my report useless as I spend tiny amounts often.
Should mostly be on percentage spent and then it would make more sense. Could have one screen for ā€˜number of timesā€™.