Search on Android

The team’s averaging 1-2 features each month for Android https://monzo.com/blog/product-updates/ :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Ow, Emma, my post wasn’t a criticism. You guys cannot be responsible for things that didn’t happen before you were appointed!!

4 Likes

Search functionality would be great.

Can’t wait for the search function! :smiley:
By the looks it’s going to be incredibly useful… Will it allow for the searching of cards / events? I.e. If I search for “Golden” will it result in my golden ticket notifications? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will it have a Lowenstein differential algorythm or require perfect spelling?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of that algorithm - that’s a really cool idea, thanks! Likely the first version will not have it, something for us to think about though

It’s a little more work to search for the non transaction feed items but probably worth doing yeah - otherwise it’s probably a bit frustrating!

3 Likes

Search is coming soooon :mag:

You can search using pretty much any information within a transaction.
Other feed items – non-transactions (e.g. Golden Ticket) – are not currently searchable but will be in the next iteration.

Tapping on ‘Number of payments’ within the transaction details screen will show you all the results for that merchant/person.

Arguably most importantly, emoji search is included! :100:

9 Likes

That looks great! Are the totals from the retrieved transaction’s summarised in this iteration?

The summarised totals are not in this iteration, but they may make it into the next one which shouldn’t be too far behind.

1 Like

How soon we talking here :stuck_out_tongue: …soooooooooooooooo much want for this feature :smiley:

although it sucks the android app lags behind IOS… love seeing the frequent updates in the play store, will be gutted when they’re on power with one another and the updates become less frequent haha

2 Likes

It will be in the next release, so hopefully within a week-ish.

I think we’re definitely catching up to iOS at a reasonable pace now.
Don’t worry, there’ll still be plenty of updates after though. Just means we’ll get them at the same time/before iOS in the future!

7 Likes

Yes! Looks brilliant, I would certainly use it when the current accounts roll out. Glad we’re catching up to iOS :smiley:

Oh yeah!! It’s here (in beta :wink: ) it’s a very picky search, i.e. Domino’s works whereas Dominos doesn’t but it’s absolutely wicked besides that! :slight_smile: Brilliant work :monzo:

4 Likes

Loving the search feature on Android, definitely a feature i can see myself using a lot as i often forget that i have or have not in most cases tansferred someone money and vice versa. So many thanks for getting that rolled out as promise.

I did notice that emoji searching doesn’t appear to be working, or at least not for me. for example in the notes section of some of my Christmas transactions i used a santa emoji to represent it was a christmas gift, but when i search using the santa emoji it doesn’t find any results …some screenshots below :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This will come in handy. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t find golden tickets though, which is a shame since it can be hard to find them way down in your feed.

We think that this initial version of search should hopefully cover the majority of use cases for most people but, as always, we’ll be looking to improve it over time. :chart_with_upwards_trend:
So things like a smarter search and finding Golden Tickets will likely be coming in future releases.

5 Likes

This feature has just been released :tada:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.