Scammed

Wow those reviews look very bad.

1 Like

https://g.co/kgs/dZwGtt

:astonished:

6 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s comments, I am not expecting to get any money back although that would be a nicety, I think the major takeaway from this is a lesson learned and i will definitely be shedding some light on this place to other tourists. Hopefully I can prevent this from happening to someone else.

Although I do believe Monzo could take extra security measures to prevent this from happened to someone else, I do not know how these business continue to operate and do these scams it’s quite clear the authorities are aware this is happening and frankly do not care.

As for the reviews as i stated before i which I checked the reviews before hand as i would have stayed clear from this place!

So please if you know of any friends/family planning trips to poland please make them aware of these scams!

2 Likes

What sort of thing would you have in mind?

1 Like

They could add a help video about taking personal responsibility that you have to watch every time you make a transaction. :rofl:

2 Likes

I am no banking expert however it would be nice to have a feature to set a contactless payment limit via the app. I’m not sure if this would be possible but it would definitely up the security measures.

As stated before I could have easily had my cards/phone stolen and someone could have spent freely and emptied my bank accounts, all it takes is for someone to see my passcode which is easily enough done by overlooking over the shoulder!

Except seeking a solution in-app for the occasion when someone looks over your shoulder in a bar etc… is frankly just the sort of distraction which leaves the Monzo account in the unfocused place it is.

Sorry, but using your loaf whilst out drinking sits squarely with the cardholder.

3 Likes

I may have read it wrong but I thought “someone” accessed your phone and transferred money around as well. Could the same person not simply remove those limits.

That’s not a problem IMO a bank should be charged with fixing.

2 Likes

You’re a card, you are :joy:

2 Likes

can you help me with main app account cake back a can login in online a dont see enithing its been fround main accon some just cake aut money in saving

I’m sorry, it’s very difficult to understand what you’re asking. If English is not your primary language, try using https://translate.google.com and paste the English conversion here.

3 Likes

The OP indicates that £192 was just one of several large payments.

I know someone who had a similar experience in Krakow. The person had the moral compass of Dominic Cummings so he phoned up his bank and said he’d never been to Poland and got all his money back.

My mate had his phone hooked up to a Bluetooth speaker on Saturday and I wanted to change the song. I didn’t need to ask for his passcode, I just pointed his phone at his face and I was in.
If you’re not in a fit state it’s not difficult for scammers to access your money and make large payments.

1 Like

Unfortunately these kind of things are very common. You often don’t have the protection that you’re used to in other countries either so the chances of getting anything back are slim to none. For example, something similar is very common in Mexico City and it’s common knowledge amongst the locals that the State Police are usually receiving a cut of the take - not much chance of that getting investigated!

If, like me, you like to go a bit off the beaten path when you’re abroad you have to accept you’re likely to encounter situations like this. I only go out with either the cash I’m prepared to spend that evening or a prepaid card with only the amount I’m prepared to spend/lose.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.