Save together with Pots on joint accounts!

For your self recorded stats :wink:

I now have 3 pots setup 1 for round up & 2 for the kids xams savings for next year :wink:

The wife has a Marcus account that will be paid in to weekly

I know what you gonna say put it all in Marcus :wink:

Haha, not at all.

If your way works for you, then great. I’ve previously said the interest difference is negliable on most people’s savings, so it has to be a system that you can use! :grin:

We have kids savings account with RNS but as everything moving to Monzo final DD in Jan all RBS accounts will be shut down

And yes maybe a max of 10p in interest a monthafter the previous 6 months of saving really doesnt make a difference :wink:

1 Like

Best Christmas present ever, now we can go #fullmonzo! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

So excited to log in and see Joint Pots. Pots set up and money moved from own account back to joint :smile:

Amazing Thank you so much! This for us is the digital equivalent of the envelope system and allows us to give each £1 a purpose

1 Like

I’ve wanted joint pots since joint accounts were availble, it’s the only reason I signed my wife up to Monzo, only to find out they were not a thing :man_facepalming:

Now they are here, they are not quite right for us :slightly_frowning_face:

Currently we manage theoretical pots ourselves using a spreadsheet and an isa at our legacy bank.

It has many pots such as, car insurance, house insurance, new phones, Christmas, holiday, season tickets etc

If we moved this all to Monzo, which was always our intention, then we would get the great ui but we would lose out on the interest.

So, I guess this is a long way of asking, Will we ever get interest options on combined pots? especially if they were locked for say 12 months at a time?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Manage your money together with joint accounts!

The joint pots do offer interest savings Pot of 1% annually. You need minimum of £1k.

This is great news. Will really benefit. Can someone tell me if the savings pot has an account number so can pay directly in it or would I need to set up a SO from JA to savings pot? Thanks

No account number for the pots so you’d need to set up a scheduled deposit from your JA

1 Like

Thanks Sean :+1:t3:

Someone needs to update Making Monzo and move this to finished :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is cass?

Current Account Switching Service

1 Like

As @jwd2017 correctly mentioned, it’s Current Account Switching Service. I suppose it’s laziness on our part however we tried to move a whole bunch of direct debits in the past and it was just a nightmare. So having them all done at the same time would be preferable.

Though, to be fair, we’ll probably just go ahead and start moving them across in the new year!

Joint pots DO show up on IFTTT! :heart_eyes: Thank you! I hadn’t noticed that yet and that definitely gets me some way towards what I was looking for!

We still have separate personal accounts for most of our spending but we have a joint account which all our bills and grocery shops come out of. I pay into the joint pot on payday every month, whereas my partner is freelance so it suits him better to top it up weekly.

A joint pot is great news for us because we’re saving for our wedding, so this way we now have a pot which we can both pay into and we can both keep track of how it’s looking, but which we won’t get confused with the money set aside for monthly spending :smile:

1 Like

Actually, that’s a very good idea. :+1:

1 Like

Just flagging up that if you enable roundups on a joint pot your card transactions no longer show the person that paid for them and now just shows the picture of the savings pot.

For me this makes roundups unusable but no doubt that’s just me :slight_smile:

6 Likes