Save £667.95 a year with the 1p Saving Challenge

£175.78 today

Ready to go again tomorrow?

Here is my spreadsheet, two tabs to show how it works (reverse version as well).

2 Likes

Does it reset and continue automatically or do we need to sign up again?

My £1 challenge one reset and went back to £1 on Monday, so would expect the 1p one to keep going too.

I became impatient for this year’s challeng and transferred the amount to top it up to £667.95 at the start of December!

Mainly so I could buy some fancy Christmas / going out clothes (and I treated myself to a Sonos Beam :smirk:).

All set to start again tomorrow!

I’ll be doing it this year.

Should make it easier because I can now hide the pot :raised_hands: :tada:

1 Like

Start the year off with a £10 pot to earn some interest as well.

1 Like

Doing this for the first time :grin: Reverse 1p for me, not sure how I’ll find the first 3 months while I’m on maternity leave, but I’m giving it a go nonetheless! I’ll be pretty chuffed if I end the year with ~£700 saved. No idea what I’d spend it on though :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Can this be paid into a third party savings account like paragon to earn interest?

Yes.

1 Like

Im going for it this year!

Am I right in remembering that this wont run if you’re in your overdraft OR it would take you into your overdraft?

All setup and ready for tomorrow

1 Like

Any chance this will work with joint accounts in the future. We do not use our individual accounts. Thanks

I’m also waiting for this to be available for joint accounts. I imagine loads of households use their joint account as the primary account!

1 Like

We don’t. :slight_smile:

There are no announced plans for IFTTT to support joint accounts.

We do. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

#jointaccountparity2020

1 Like

Back on topic… Sort of…

I went for the weekly savings challenge in the end. Today was the first day, wish me luck! :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

I’m doing the £1 weekly challenge and Save the date challenge

I’m trying to set this challenge up but I seem to be stuck in a loop of connecting Monzo to IFTTT, then signing into Monzo, then back again.

Anyone else having this issue?