Santander chat ♨️

I see from the Money Saving Expert forum that some people are being asked for passport or driving licence before their Esaver is opened.

1 Like

I agree with it being basic but I’ve had no issues with it being slow.

1 Like

I guess that is why they are saying 3 days then. I submitted my application and it was approved a short while after.

1 Like

And the account has already been withdrawn.

1 Like

Not exactly.

Issue 1 is fully subscribed at 2.75%

Issue 2 now available at a less impressive 2.00%

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you have to maintain a current account with Santander in order to keep the esaver?

I can’t find anything about this in their documentation, but thought I’d check as I don’t want to lose the esaver if I switch out of the current account.

Here is my fantastic experience with Santander today. I have a mostly dormant account that occasionally some money will turn up in from some agencies and such where I haven’t bothered to login and change my bank details to Monzo. I have their weekly SMS alerts on, and this week apparently that happened.

Opened the app, only to be greeted with “Please enter such and such information from the letter you received”. It’s been ages since I used their app. I don’t recall either requesting OR receiving a letter.

So there’s a button that says “No letter?” or whatever. Thinking that I’d press this and it’d trigger another one to be sent, I went ahead and did that.

But no.

You know what happened instead? It simply showed me the phone number for their support.

So. In order to do the very simple task of just getting into my account, I have to phone them, and then ask for another letter, then wait however long for an actual letter, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some random other step like setting a new security phrase after that.

And the high street banks wonder why everybody is leaving for Monzo.

2 Likes

But it’s happy cake day for you. :tada:

2 Likes

No, you don’t.

1 Like

[

£1.4bn profit?! Didn’t think Santander was up there for some reason.

Some good results.

1 Like

Santander has added a “My card transaction disputes menu” to the more page in the app. Not entirely sure why, but I’m sure it will help people as it makes it much clearer what you would need to do.

1 Like

Santander Boosts has launched. You need to create a separate Boosts account. It isn’t a part of the app as it is on a separate website.

1 Like

If you click on the “browse by categories”, there are a lot more offers. Here is some of travel, for example

and some of food and dining

Most of them are online only, such as Tesco being delivery or click and collect, and you likely have to order through the link on Santander Boosts.

They also have an instant win “game” where you pop a balloon and may win a free coffee at Costa.

2 Likes

Looks much better! Wish they’d auto apply the offers as with Curve for the most part, as I won’t ever think to check the 3-4 platforms I can potentially receive a discount in :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Bye.

2 Likes

This - why make it only available via a seperate website. Hassle!

2 Likes

It’s new, so will likely be drawn into app soon enough.

1 Like

So Santander pays out less.

In these times, wouldn’t it be nice if people just started earning automatically, tracked in the app?

2 Likes

I’m not bothered about it not being in the app. You can access it very easily through a link in the app so it really isn’t a hassle.

I do agree though about it not being automatic. That is the thing that isn’t so great, but I can live with it.

1 Like

Overall, it is a lot better than I thought it would be. Normally when business change stuff, they make it seem positive but it just ends up being a bit rubbish, but this genuingly does seem to have a lot more offers, and some pretty good offers at that.

2 Likes