So I’ve had ‘round ups’ switched on my joint account for just under a month now. Here’s my observations.
- 120 transactions - a 41p average roundup. Just short of £50 in the pot
- Transactions less than £1.00 don’t round up (as expected)
- Your feed looks really neat and tidy - everything an exact pound
- Your bank statements almost double in size!
- Scheduled pot transfers don’t round
- Incoming money doesn’t round
- Refunds (like Curve time machine) don’t claw back
- DD’s do round
- The round up is not accounted for in “upcoming” spending
- When you search the total summary for each day is based on original transaction value
Overall, you may as just as well save £x p/m on payday.
I’ll leave it running for now.