Revolut chat

I get that but one of them is going to really piss off the genuine customers.

If Starling (or Monzo for that matter) ever blocked my account inexplicably for something that I hadn’t done - say in the situations where both HSBC and Starling took issue - I’d never bank with them again but I’d also probably be kicking off as they all do on the forum because their support lines weren’t giving an answer.

It’s tough. The law is the law and no one in a bank wants to risk unlimited fines or 5 years in prison (if my memory serves me well) just to satisfy a customer’s temper tantrum.

As @HoldenCarver said, if a transaction looks unusual they might drop you a message to ask about it but in most cases they won’t talk to you, no matter which bank it is.

And they all have to do it, whether it’s Starling or HSBC or Monument

2 Likes

I’m not sure why Transferwise deactivated my account- AML or breach of terms of service ? All that I did was send a trial 20.00 payment from my Canadian bank account linked to Transferwise ( in the same way Monzo is linked to Transferwise ) to my Monzo bank account. They then deactivated the account, rejected my appeal, and held all mymoney in the borderless account for 81 days while they did their “diligence” . And during this 81 days customer service said they weren’t involved and wouldn’t let me talk to the AML team.

Apparently Monzo has been deactivating members’ accounts for activities they don’t like, such as sending money to crypto exchanges.

Banks can deactivate your account for any reason they like – their terms and conditions are always worded quite vaguely for this reason.

Even when you go to the FOS, you’re usually told as you can choose who you bank with, banks can do so too so tough.

I disagree with many of these regulations but it’s just what we have to live with :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Revolut now charging for replacement card delivery?

What’s changing?

We’re making two changes to the card delivery services for your Standard account. We’re introducing express delivery for Junior cards and we’re modifying the existing express delivery price for our Standard cards.

Depending on the delivery method you select, the delivery charges listed below will apply.

• Standard delivery will be charged at a fixed rate in pound sterling: £4.99 (or currency equivalent)

• Express delivery will be charged at a fixed rate in euros: €19.99 (or currency equivalent)

I believe replacement cards are free when they expire. It may be referring the the price of additional cards don’t have a subscription? Or for your first card?

1 Like

Did you notice that Revolut took away one free lounge access from all existing and future metal customers?
I didn’t, found out accidently yesterday

They put it in some other email as sub paragraph of sub section
Check if you can find it yourself - _-

Got metal last April for a year, paid in advance

I see they’ve increased their weekend markup on foreign currency transactions also.

Also they limited cashback to the price of metal subscription

I guess he doesn’t need satisfied paying customers now he’s made a billion quid.

4 Likes

Is this a rehash of the Telegraph article above? I can’t read that as I don’t/won’t subscribe.

I’m more interested in the other players named. Anyone any experience of PensionBee?

I’ve consolidated my pensions with them, still not sure what makes them fintech :thinking:

1 Like

And what did you think of them, and the process? Obviously they don’t do it for nothing.

I was put off by the fact that they just seemed to want to go straight ahead and consolidate, without really discussing it with me.

I knew that I just wanted to consolidate so it was great, I did it a few years back before online documents were a big thing and it was refreshing to sign things on your phone etc.

My current work pension is with Scottish Windows and they’ve just relaunched their website so there’s not as big a difference there as there once was

What did you want toy talk about before making a decision?

1 Like

Just whether it made financial sense, and if they negotiated decent transfer values. I’m a couple of years away from retirement, and I don’t want to lose 50% for the privilege of consolidating. Also if I could take a lump sum if required.

Fair enough, I think they’re very much set up for younger people with lots of small pension pots to consolidate, rather than giving more slightly more complicated financial advice.

I just wanted to get my pensions in one place, figured by the time I retire in about 400 years the landscape will have changed again.

3 Likes

It sounds like you’d be better off speaking to an independent advisor at your stage

1 Like

Did you compare costs or performance?

I found PensionBee to be more expensive than Virgin Money which I took out in 2000.

It’s an interesting one as PensionBee have had a few years as a first mover in this as a fintech, but soon/now Moneybox, Plum, Chip, Freetrade (SIPP) & Trading212 (SIPP) will all be apps where young people or anyone with a smartphone can consolidate their pensions easily, affordably and transparently.

I have a tiny old pension that I switched to PensionBee years ago but I don’t find their choice of funds compelling (although better than where they were). Would switch to Plum and later down the line Freetrade when I switch from my current employer.

1 Like