Revolut chat

Pretty sure I used my license, no notification or anything about my i.d. and can’t see any issues when hunting around the app.

1 Like

Venn diagram of No2ID leading lights and anti-EU (then Brexit campaign) leading lights

I have no problem with Revolut wanting to re-verify my ID with passport, all I ask is that they notify me before freezing account.
Am I being unreasonable expecting this?

3 Likes

I am sensing a no

1 Like

Just confirmed with revolut support, I used my driver’s license.

Maybe they are moving everyone over to their Lithuanian license.

It’s their contingency, but it’s not something they’re doing right now, I believe.

Interestingly, it’s their Lithuanian eMoney licence they’d be moving us over to, not their banking licence.

Despite them invalidating my ID, using the fact that a licence is not accepted as ID Lithuania, they have confirmed that I am still with their UK entity, and therefore regulated by the FCA

1 Like

That confirms I won’t be opening an account then. My passport expired two years ago.

1 Like

New update to the Rev app today. They’re still allowing uploads of drivers licences that they won’t accept.

:circus_tent: :clown_face:

I opened the app last night and was required to reauthenticate.

It accepted my driving licence and it was approved moments later.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Just updated the app (version 6.20)
Let me log in with my fingerprint as usual, and no request to re authenticate my identity at all.

As in the latest version they are still accepting driver’s licence submissions (while CS agent are saying they can’t use them) I thought it would be rude not to try…

Good to see they’ve got a good grasp on their own procedures.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Not even on their website yet.

That’s not bad at all. I’d be more inclined to use it if they were using their banking license.

My biggest complain about revolut is that I really really don’t like how it looks, this IOS like interface, can’t really look at it
The other issue is that every page, every feature is missing something essential:

• I am getting money transfer, can’t see account number of person who send it to me, can’t send back.
  • At beginning I had trouble to figure out that I can’t do money transfer from account page, and I need to go to “Payments”
  • Bitcoins - can’t send or receive
  • Dashboard - toones of useless stuff. making difficult to find what is important
  • Lounges - except of one extra use at beginning, the price is absolutely regular price, like paying via airport site. All other Lounges providers are cheaper
  • Currency/Stocks diagrams are nice, but lack of ability to see more then a year makes them useless
  • I can schedule transfer (top up) of Euro vault, but I can’t simply set it to 100 £ every month, I must enter value in Euro what change every month ¯_(ツ)_/¯
4 Likes

Pretty cool for metal and premium

Waiting around in the airport when you should be soaking up the sunshine is no fun. Introducing SmartDelay, a new feature which gives you and your travel companions free lounge passes if your flight is delayed more than an hour.

Fact is, we can’t make your plane arrive any faster, but we can do our bit to make you a little more comfortable while you wait.

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/selecting-a-plan/accessing-airport-lounges/what-is-smart-delay

2 Likes

They never factored in easyJet did they.

Can anyone with Revolut give us some feedback on this feature?

This bit caught my eye:

the move will also allow customers to “set budgeting controls for their Revolut and external accounts

I wonder if Monzo might do something similar?

2 Likes

I just tried it on Revolut - linking my Monzo, TSB, FD. It’s via TrueLayer and was actually incredibly easy to do (just a few clicks for each account).

So far it’s somewhat useful to see all your transactions in one place. The only thing is Monzo’s budgeting features seem way better than Revolut’s so I can’t wait until this makes its way to Monzo!

2 Likes