Revolut Feedback

(Is Santa here yet?) #902

Then it sounds like Revolut is the perfect company for you :+1:

I mean, I use my account daily :wink: I have an account with Starling and N26 too. Loving that they don’t spend the entire time acting morally superior to everyone else tbh.

(Is Santa here yet?) #904

Its not being morally superior to point out what you are doing and why you are doing it. It’s called transparency. That way customers know if their values match those of the company. Then they can decide if it’s the right fit for them. But I’ve read your comments around this in the other forum so I know this discussion is pointless :woman_shrugging:

/shrug I’m fine with agreeing to disagree. I personally think they mention it purely to attract customers who want to shill and act smug.

(Punit Mannari) #906

Anyone use their crypto feature on their app? Not even sure how it works

(Tom Cohen) #907

If certain ethical practices ARE part of the service your customers want, I see no conflict with capitalism. In fact, that’s one of my favourite things about capitalism. If demand for an ‘ethical bank’ exists, the market will provide.

The market may provide it but it isn’t a profitable business model. Not without subscription fees which goes against their goal of making money work for everyone. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Edit: nice that it managed to reply to the wrong person lol

(Steve) #909

I’ve been having a gander through Revoluts t&c’s but havent seen anything yet - does anyone know if Revolut has an issue with stockpiling of currencies in their app?

It’s a feature I’d like to explore a little more.

As long as you’re not using it purely for free FX trading to make profit, no one cares. Just to warn you though they’re pooled accounts so you may have trouble getting the money you stockpile out (without fees) until they get local details.

(Valeri) #913

Does anyone else cringe when Revolut sends them “You have some money in your account. Why not treat yourself today” notification? :frowning_face:

Not really, because I use mine daily so it never pops up :thinking: regardless you can turn notifications off if you don’t want to see it.

(Valeri) #915

I just don’t think advertises sensible spending… having money on account does not necessarily mean that you should always spend spend spend

Can you switch adverts like that off or it is all or nothing? I’d like to keep instant notifications on purchases and transactions though…

If you use your card semi often then it shouldn’t give you the advert, to be perfectly honest. It doesn’t have to be daily. There’s been times when I use mine every few days and get no notification.

Try going into notifications settings and turning off marketing pushes, although I’m not sure if it’s counted as that :thinking:

(Rob) #917

Whist there is some truth in what you say, I recently found out about the below hidden charges on Revolut’s ‘interbank rates’ of up to 2%! This is very hidden within the app and makes it hard to fully trust the company. Transparency is the future…

(Thomas Horne) #918

Yes, as a victim of workfare a few years back your damn right I closed my account over this!

I believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #919

Just don’t apply there if you don’t like the hiring process :man_shrugging:

(Thomas Horne) #921

As I said, I indeed did close my account over this.