Revolut chat

Plus all the other expenses of the service though :confused: not sure how it balances out.

Ah, well it wasnā€™t in Legal terms but found the FAQ

How much is cashback?
1% outside Europe and 0.1% inside Europe.

:laughing:

1 Like

Ouch, so basically nothing then? If youā€™re using it as your day to day card in the UK etc?

1 Like

Indeed, moving the decimal thatā€™s Ā£1 for every Ā£1000 spent.

2 Likes

I believe the 1% cash back is paid in Cryptocurrency so who knows what you get back.

EDIT: Fiat or cryptocurrency. Fiat was a new term for me :exploding_head:

I genuinely thought it would be a one off fee for the metal card (and a fee to replace). Sort of a vanity thing for people who get excited about stuff like this.

I didnā€™t realise it came with a monthly fee that just doesnā€™t seem worth it at allā€¦?

1 Like

seems like a marketing ploy rather than any benefit to the end user.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen that promised since I signed up for Revolut years ago. This was one of the features I thought would set them apart from the others eg like credit card privileges, but nothing so far :disappointed: Revolut premium is quite useless for my needs at the moment and 24/7 support promised isnā€™t true

2 Likes

To be fair, if itā€™s the Aspire brand of airport loungeā€¦ youā€™re not missing much.

4 Likes

Oh, I was hoping it would cover more lounges :woman_shrugging:t2: but I guess it was too much to ask for even with a premium fee!

1 Like

Not necessarily. According to TechCrunch, Revolut is simply passing on their share of the fee to the customerā€¦

Every time you use your Revolut card, the company gets a fraction of the card processing fee from MasterCard or Visa. Card processing fees are much lower in Europe, thatā€™s why Revolut canā€™t give you back more money in Europe.

Providing 0.1% cashback may be covered by the interchange fee. It wouldnā€™t cover the advertised 1% outside Europe though.

0.1% isnā€™t even worth advertising.

2 Likes

According to TechCrunch it would.
Interchange fees in the USA for instance are much higher than in Europe.
Which source are you citing to come to the conclusion it wouldnā€™t?

Sorry I forgot that itā€™s capped in the EU not worldwide :sweat_smile:. Yes I see what you mean now.

What does regulated mean?

https://www.helcim.com/us/mastercard-interchange-rates/

LMGTFYā€¦

https://paylinedata.com/blog/regulated-debit/

2 Likes

The problem is - what is Europe? Revolut has taken the widest possible definition.
Fees are capped in the EEA, not every country that could conceivably be called European, like Uzbekistan :joy:

Metal FAQ

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nice to see that Revolut are equally as rude to the press (and prepared to lie to them) as they are to their customers!

5 Likes

They have a promo with Hotels.com today - if you receive their spam emails, you can use the link there to get a free revolut card (have not checked the fine print since I already a revolut card)